Volks AutosEM Tuning
    MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status

Angry AArrgg! Pesky Audi!!! Wrong Bonnet for conversion!!!

About 2 months ago, managed to find a bonnet that was claimed would fit the single grill A3 (I asked a few times to make sure). The seller was Audi Boston, Lincs. They were selling it as they had wrongly ordered for a customer, it was brand new and they had painted it themselves but turned out to be the wrong one!!!
    Turns out its up to a 2007 but not the big grill!!! So if anyone want a Brand New Bonnet in Brilliant Red LY3J, Part number 8P0823029B, PM me.

So back to square 1 for me on the bonnet front! and conversion on hold!

Anyway, not put off but can anyone let me have the part number for the correct bonnet to do the conversion pls!

Thanks in advance.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    can always rely on an audi dealer to get it wrong!

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Tell them the problem and dump it back on them S.
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Sadly it was 3.5 hrs each way! Not doing that again! Did try contacting them, they didnt want to know! Will try again tomorrow!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Gievf Buckets

Status
    was that part number i gave you no use sarah?, also when you go down tell them youre wanting credited for the bumper and you damn sure that you will be driving there or back, audi do deliver

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    was that part number i gave you no use sarah?, also when you go down tell them youre wanting credited for the bumper and you damn sure that you will be driving there or back, audi do deliver

Not, didnt see any part numbers???

Not driving that far again! Will try again tomorrow to get it sorted but doubt we'll get anywhere!

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    I would complain at them and tell them to sort it! i was told by Audi Bexley that if audi sell anything that can damage your car then they are liable as they sold it to you. so as this is not the part you requested call them and have a go, if you get no luck ask for the parts manager and tell him the problem and see what he says. they should take responsability for it... not sure on what they can do for delivery though.
    I don't quite understand how it is the wrong bonnet though, i mean is it not the same bonnet on all 'big single grill' A3's? i thought it was the same even if its a 3 or 5 door a3?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Well when we compared it to my current bonnet on Friday its identical! As we now have the new front end we also compared it to the grill thats going to be going on and it just doesnt fit! The same gap that my current bonnet would give! Just annoying as I finally thought I was there with parts. lol, typical.

Will ring them tomorrow and see where I get.

thanks for your replies

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    So then they mis-sold you the item, im sure you can tell them that they sold you the wrong item and you want it exchanged?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

1st Gear

Status
    8P4823029B
    Thanks to an idiot woman, my conversion was delayed!
    Audi A3 2.0TDi Sport 54 Plate 3dr in black!

Selling a brand new black bonnet for A3 2003-2005, and a S-Line grill (although its condition is only OK) PM ME

I'm gunna make an induction kit for my A3 using kitchen sieves and it's gunna work

Pii
    4th Gear

Status
    Unlucky Sarah. Everyone feels guted for you as it's clear you have been looking forward to sorting your mods.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pii View Post
    Unlucky Sarah. Everyone feels guted for you as it's clear you have been looking forward to sorting your mods.
    thanks, yup, was like a kid in a sweet shop! but just have to wait a bit longer!

I'm not modding, I'm improving

Status
    Ah sods law Sarah. As above, you can always rely on a dealer to give you duff information.

6th Gear

Status
    defo duff info! They are either 2003-2005, 2005-2008 and 2008 onwards

Theres no bonnet that fits all up to 2007
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    If it was from ebay, you can always claim against them etc seeing they gave you incorrect information. How did you pay?

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Thanks guys, quick update.

The dealers are giving me a full refund and they arn't bothered about the bonnet! Not all bad and got a quick and friendly reply, so thank you to them. Now back to hunting for the right one!!!

Gievf Buckets

Status
    glad you got it sorted sarah

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Cheers Phil, needed some good news!

Going to get a new bonnet direct from either TPS or Audi, too impatient now lol!!!!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    Cheers Phil, needed some good news!

Going to get a new bonnet direct from either TPS or Audi, too impatient now lol!!!!
    well now that u got a spare bonnet will help with making up the price difference for the new bonnet so not toooo bad at all!!