AArrgg! Pesky Audi!!! Wrong Bonnet for conversion!!!

Sarah's A3

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid
Reaction score
About 2 months ago, managed to find a bonnet that was claimed would fit the single grill A3 (I asked a few times to make sure). The seller was Audi Boston, Lincs. They were selling it as they had wrongly ordered for a customer, it was brand new and they had painted it themselves but turned out to be the wrong one!!!
Turns out its up to a 2007 but not the big grill!!! So if anyone want a Brand New Bonnet in Brilliant Red LY3J, Part number 8P0823029B, PM me.

So back to square 1 for me on the bonnet front! and conversion on hold!

Anyway, not put off but can anyone let me have the part number for the correct bonnet to do the conversion pls!

Thanks in advance. :sm4:

Tell them the problem and dump it back on them S.

Sadly it was 3.5 hrs each way! Not doing that again! Did try contacting them, they didnt want to know! Will try again tomorrow!

was that part number i gave you no use sarah?, also when you go down tell them youre wanting credited for the bumper and you damn sure that you will be driving there or back, audi do deliver

was that part number i gave you no use sarah?, also when you go down tell them youre wanting credited for the bumper and you damn sure that you will be driving there or back, audi do deliver

Not, didnt see any part numbers???

Not driving that far again! Will try again tomorrow to get it sorted but doubt we'll get anywhere!

I would complain at them and tell them to sort it! i was told by Audi Bexley that if audi sell anything that can damage your car then they are liable as they sold it to you. so as this is not the part you requested call them and have a go, if you get no luck ask for the parts manager and tell him the problem and see what he says. they should take responsability for it... not sure on what they can do for delivery though.
I don't quite understand how it is the wrong bonnet though, i mean is it not the same bonnet on all 'big single grill' A3's? i thought it was the same even if its a 3 or 5 door a3?

Well when we compared it to my current bonnet on Friday its identical! As we now have the new front end we also compared it to the grill thats going to be going on and it just doesnt fit! The same gap that my current bonnet would give! Just annoying as I finally thought I was there with parts. lol, typical.

Will ring them tomorrow and see where I get.

thanks for your replies

Unlucky Sarah. Everyone feels guted for you as it's clear you have been looking forward to sorting your mods.

Ah sods law Sarah. As above, you can always rely on a dealer to give you duff information.

defo duff info! They are either 2003-2005, 2005-2008 and 2008 onwards

Theres no bonnet that fits all up to 2007

If it was from ebay, you can always claim against them etc seeing they gave you incorrect information. How did you pay?

Thanks guys, quick update.

The dealers are giving me a full refund and they arn't bothered about the bonnet! Not all bad and got a quick and friendly reply, so thank you to them. Now back to hunting for the right one!!!

Cheers Phil, needed some good news!

Going to get a new bonnet direct from either TPS or Audi, too impatient now lol!!!!

Cheers Phil, needed some good news!

Going to get a new bonnet direct from either TPS or Audi, too impatient now lol!!!!

well now that u got a spare bonnet will help with making up the price difference for the new bonnet so not toooo bad at all!! :icon_thumright: