Driver door wiring/window module

just017

Reaction score
i'm after some help from someone who knows there stuff on audi wiring. My problem is regarding the drivers side wiring and drivers window motor unit.

Last week everything worked fine, now:
From my drivers door, the passenger window switch works, all door lock buttons work, wing mittors buttons work, but the drivers window switch does not work.

When the door card is off, clicking the drivers window switch makes the motor make a click sound, suggesting that the module is fine, but nothing happens.

Could it be that the grounding cable is not grounding, and if so where would it be?

Any other ideas?

Much appreciated

Its only suggesting a relay is clicking mate, it maybe the motor is indeed goosed, but I would try removing the door module & have it in hand with wiring plugged in then operate the switch & see if the motor spins as it may have become latched in the window mechanism. therefore wont move, unlikely but certainly something I'd try 1st of.

I will check back later as on way out so scuse quick reply.

I have tried the motor on a 12v circuit and it works fine.even taken the motor out of the housing and fitted it back in to make sure it hadn't jammed. tried the whole unit with the door card off and same thing, I hear a click but the motor doesn't move. vag Com says it's a wiring issue and to check wiring. Does anyone know where the unit is grounded?

Did you test the motor plugged into the car loom but not fitted to the door to see if a switch press etc would make that run?