Difference between H50 and H77 RNS-e

just017

Reaction score
Sorry not the right place to post, but looking to buy an RNS-e today, however its H50 model, i've noticed alot on eBay are H77.

Whats the difference and can H50 be upgraded?

Cheers

if its that one on ebay that was posted in the ebay thread then just know that the guy does not know if the Sat nav dvd is included in the sale and also does not have the gps receiver. i was looking into it as the price is good but i honestly dont think its worth it.

Yeah that's the one ha.DVD and gps aerial aren't a problem but it said H50 and I'm not sure what the hardware differences are

What's the sofware and hardware to go for lads? I'm looking into getting one and ther seem to be a few on eBay but I'm not sure what's what with these? Are the Lithuanian geezers trusted?

So apart from the chrome buttons do you know what else it has over the H50 hardware wise?

not really tbh the rns-e only really got an overhaul 09- when it got sdhc support for cards up to 16gb it also got the improved ami and a sharper screen

Oright ok.Is the sharper screen worth paying for? Also do you know what size cards the H50 can take? Many thanks

H77 (PN ending 192) = 2009 unit and anything before. It has the standard res screen and only accepts SD cards. Not 100% sure on the limits but I used x2 4GB ones in mine when it was installed.

The 2010 model (PN ending 193) = Am not sure of the HW version as I forgot to note mine down before I installed it but it has a Higher res screen than before, SDHC card use (16GB x2 I believe), faster processor, redesigned user interface, Audi AMI (CAN based). Am sure there is more.

I would imagine that H numbers are changed during the production of these units in order to note a change in a component, internal parts supplier, visual item (chrome dials), factory shipped firmware maybe. TBH my H77 seemed no different to any other older RNS-e bar the chrome dials.

Oright ok.Is the sharper screen worth paying for? Also do you know what size cards the H50 can take? Many thanks

3 reasons as to why I made the change from a 192 to a 193 unit:

1 - I have a 2010 car so wanted all extra bits to match.
2 - For the AMI iPod control, which is real iPod control and not just play lists.
3 - Wife wanted point 2 as she could not get her head around the play lists thingy - don't ask lol

Yes the screen on the 2010 is a hell of a lot better but the older units screen is very good. The older unit is also fast when working out routes and if it was not for my new car and the needed iPod control I would hang on to the H77.

There is a big difference in price also. H77 and older units look to be going for between £450 to £650 on eBay. A 2010 (193) unit will prolly set you back over £1000, if you can locate one. As a guide I managed to get my 193 - 2010 unit for 990 Euros, just the unit and no DVD or GPS ariel etc. I remember a few weeks back speaking to a chap on here and another from a site I found about a 2010 install and was quoted over £1500 by each.

Ahhh so 50-77 are just minor revisions, and 2010 came a new version on RNS-e

As I'm on the point of RNS-e, anyone got a copy of 2009 or 2010 maps I can pay to have burnt and sent.I can pay Paypal.

Cheers dudes

quick question... I'm watching a rns-e on ebay at the minute.

The buyer says its the H77 version, made in 2010 and it has the chrome buttons BUT it still has the CD/TV button as opposed to the MEDIA button.

Is this normal or has he swapped the buttons for the chrome style and claiming its a 2010?

If you want the newer Mark2 version then the part number should end in 193, the older ones are 192. Get him to send a picture of the back of the unit with the partl number to prove it