Brakes

r3stu

Reaction score
Going to change all my discs and pads. Am i best sticking to genuine audi ones or is there any better makes out there? Also after low dust pads???

im using EBC yellowstuff pad and doing a good job at the moment, brake dust is less than oem aswell. Im still using oem discs but soon as they've had enough Il be getting some EBC ones.

I am thinking of upgrading pads, Personally do not think the OEM brakes on my S3 are that great. Are the EBC Yellowstuff quite an upgrade over the OEM, are they a good compromise for wear, dust, and stopping ability over OEM?

I recently had new OEM pads, discs and brake fluid done at the same time. I was perfectly happy with the OEM set up, as they worked very well before, but this set don't work so well, even after 1,500 miles to bed them in. They've lost the progressive modulation I had before.
Kind of wish I'd gone for some other pads. Most seem to like the Ferodo DS2500, with both good and bad written about EBC pads. Do a search Stu to find out the threads on this...

If you want good performance pads i like most people run Ferodo 2500 which are excellent but not the cheapest pads about.

Would going for these result in faster wear?

No the ferodo`s last a long time. It all comes down to how you drive your car really. The ferodo 2500 are very good performance but cost more then standard pads. If you just drive the car from A-B around town etc Ferodo 2000 pads are good or just use any pads from brand name companies. I personally would only use EBC pads as a paper weight as they are cheap for a reason.

I have a 1.9 tdi, Been offered a new set off 2.0tdi calipers,discs,pads. Does anyone know if this is a straight forward swap over? Cheers

No the ferodo`s last a long time. It all comes down to how you drive your car really. The ferodo 2500 are very good performance but cost more then standard pads. If you just drive the car from A-B around town etc Ferodo 2000 pads are good or just use any pads from brand name companies. I personally would only use EBC pads as a paper weight as they are cheap for a reason.

I'd have to agree completely.

Ok let me ask question again :) Are there any brake pads out there that are road legal, do have the leads etc. direct swap for OEM ones that are better than the OEM ones?

Thnka

A european standard (R90 I think) says that the component should work within +/-15% of the original equipment. The DS2500 exceeds +15% hence why most online places list these pads as track specific or track only

Ferodo DS2500 are more then 15% better then standard then it`s a fact. Nobody is ever going to get prosecuted for having DS2500 pads on their car in England so don`t let worry about that. Most after market pads do not come with leads attached to the pads. All you need to do is join the two leads together that come out of the back of the plug from an old set of pads and plug it into the car as you usually would and you will get no brake pad warning light.

A european standard (R90 I think) says that the component should work within +/-15% of the original equipment. The DS2500 exceeds +15% hence why most online places list these pads as track specific or track only

FWIW Dave,I'd rather have a car fitted with brakes and pads that were at least 15% better than standard if not a great deal more.

I had Ferodo and Pagid pads on previous cars,and never had any legal matters quoted.

FWIW Dave,I'd rather have a car fitted with brakes and pads that were at least 15% better than standard if not a great deal more.

I had Ferodo and Pagid pads on previous cars,and never had any legal matters quoted.

Don't get me wrong, the DS2500 pad is universally rated as being an excellent fast road pad - I only found out the R90 point as I was going to fit them myself - but I thought that people should be aware of this, although as you say I'm sure no-one is ever going to get prosecuted by using them

I have a 1.9 tdi, Been offered a new set off 2.0tdi calipers,discs,pads. Does anyone know if this is a straight forward swap over? Cheers

Hi.

No. You'll have to change the intire wheel system...

Regards.