Poor service from audi dealer

Paul Laird

Reaction score
Hey just a wee post to let people know bout the poor service i had from ayr audi, i have a S3 08 plate, had a problem with my DMF, ayr audi took the gearbox out on monday, picked the car up on wed nite with a new dmf and clutch kit fittted as they said the dmf had excess play, lastnite was driven along heard a LOUD bang then griding noise coming from the gearbox area, managed to get the car home, as am a ford tech jacked the car up to see what was the problem??? found the bracket coming off the gearbox onto the engine block at the o/s/f which is held in place by two bolts, one of them hadnt been tightned up, had came loose and was rubbing off my driveshaft, which in turn has damaged it, took pics of the poor workmanship, took the car back to ayr audi, waiting to hear back from them on monday??? cant wait to hear what they say????:faint: bout 4months ago they fitted a new steering rack to my car and had to take it bk after 5mins of picking it up, was pulling badly to the right, hadnt tracked it up rite, would advice people not to put there car into this garage

cheers Paul

Last edited:
i not had any dealings with them. but just realised that i know your car i work in killie and you always park across from the ford garage in the homebase car park. the car looks great fyi love the white on black with the bonnet bra.

only been there once for a rear flexihose for my old A3. I use ingrams as we have an account with them - dont know if they are any better tho.

Jameo84, you need to catch up next time we meet up :thumbsup:

Take it to Guildford Audi and you would be lucky to even get it back ! they have had mine for a month now...

Audi like a lot of garages have technicians and one or two master Techs. Cars are more complicated these days so you need a laptop and go through the phases.
I do know a lot of garages are struggling to get trained technicians so the workload can be very pressured for the techs. Garages make money on servicing and repairs. I've had poor service from Chevrolet / Vauxhall screwing up my brake replacement then blaming suspension parts for wheel judder. They were wrong and I proved it with a brake test at a local tyre shop. Hyundai overfilled engine and messed up TPMS system as well as ticking boxes saying they had serviced parts of the car without actually doing it, yes I do check LOL Kia snapped electronic parking brake switch on family car. How they did that but blamed cleaning guy?
Most of our cars have been "washed" with sandpaper when at dealer garages so make sure I ask them not to wash or hoover the car!!!!

You do know this is an 11 year old thread.

Reactions: abmat