A3 2.0 tdi problems!!

Gops

Badger 5 Edition
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey guys, not usually posting on this section of the forum but im a vivid reader! A friend of mine has a 56 plate 2.0tdi and she's having a few problems with it. Starting off, she had problems where the car wouldnt pull, like the turbo would not kick in; like the car went into limp mode but after a while it was fine? After a while this never happened. She had another problem with oil leaking. She's not very sure about what the mechanic said in full but she says "there was a pipe that goes to the 'turbo' that should not have oil in it but it had. at the end it was a faulty clip to that pipe". Im not sure if those turbo's are water cooled or oil cooled? There was a leak never the less where oil was in a pipe where there should be water but apparently the mechanic fixed that by replacing a clip (I'll investigate this further for more information). Now that turbo problem has come back, sometimes its fine and it kicks in but others times the car would have to rev to 3-4k rpm to kick in. Im not sure if its spooling in this time because i have not driven it but this is happening quite often but its very intermittant. I don't really trust this mechanic she takes it to and neither does she. Could you guys have any ideas on what it might be? I want to have an idea before i book it into anybody.

Much appriciated guys! :icon_thumright:

Gops

I'd change the mechanic.

Air intake sensor, by the air filter check that. Is it the MAF??

Might be the MAF but best thing to do is get somebody with VAG COM to scan the car or take it to a proper VAG independent garage who actually might know what they are doing.

Thanks guys! I appriciate all of your help! So you reckon the MAF then.. I might get her to take it to R-Tech in hinckley, heard they were good? Anybody got any comments on their service?