AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    Jay
    2nd Gear

Status

2.0T modding options

Hi,

I currently have an 8l 1.8t and currently looking into a k03s/k04 hybrid turbo upgrade but I was wondering whether it would be better to save the money and buy a 2.0T 8P instead.

Interested to know what turbo do these come fitted with? I understand they are 200bhp stock and a stage 1 output is approx 250bhp. How easy is it to get 300 bhp + out of them? would it mean a turbo/internals upgrade? and is there a straight bolt on turbo upgrade available for these like there is for the 1.8T

thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

Jay
    2nd Gear

Status
    Is the 2.0T engine the same as the MK5 GTI's?

also that link doesn't say which turbo the 2.0t has.
    Last edited by Jay; 20th May 2010 at 11:19.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    2.0TFSI same as Mk5 Golf GTI, induction, map, TBE you should see 280bhp and 290ft-lb, very capable car.

5th Gear

Status
    I mentioned it in the link, 200ps model has the KO3. I think you need uprated HPFP to get over 270 bhp , and youll see 300lb fr torque with one of those.
    The HPFP is like a supercharger in that its driven by the engine ( camshaft in this case) and its power is directly proportional to engine revs. So at low medium revs it can struggle to provide enough fuel where a lot more then normal is requested, with an aggressive map. So on mapped cars in the mid range you can get much better torque with the improved fuel supply with one of these.
    Last edited by akash_sky1; 20th May 2010 at 13:14.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

Jay
    2nd Gear

Status
    cheers guys

S3 (8P)

Status
    I had REVO stage 1 on a MK5 Golf 20T and it was very impressive.
    Bit of a giant killer once you are rolling.
    I would amagine the A3 "0T has similar performance.

good luck
    Cheers
    Paul
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    You dont need HPFP to get that figure.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    oem fuel pump is good enought for 2.0t. stock s3 has 265hp with it. so 270hp is achiveable without hpfp. 300+ you will have to go K04 (s3 upgrade).
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

5th Gear

Status
    But you can get real increases especially in the mid range with a hpfp even on the 2.0T. As mentioned on a remapped car an uprated hpfp can supply way more fuel in the mid range, where a lot more fuel is requested then on original map. If you compared an S3 oem map to a 2.0T the 2.0Ts would typically more request a fair bit more fuel,and have a notable torque peak around the 3500rpms,whereas as standard S3 has a fairly flat plateau of a torque curve in the middle so are not as demanding in the mid range.
    Also fluctuations in the fuel supply and flat spots would be more ironed out at higher revs.
    What im saying is that on a 2.0t your peakpower may not increase massively with a HPFP but your mid range torque will and the power curve will become much more linear higher up.
    This is why APR and GIAC offer HPFP specific maps for 2.0Ts that brings gains over stage 1, and they recommend you do this over 250 bhp, where mapped cars have more aggressive fueling as mentioned than even a standard s3 in the mid range. That is how some are able to get265-275 + lb ft torque in a mapped 2.0tfsi,which is a fair bit more then the s3 which plateaus at 258.

I dont think these established tuners would offer this for no reason. Across the pond, where the majority of our tuners are based and they mainly do KO3 engined cars, this is a much more common mod, and lookinng on US based forums and their experiences, and have spoken TO star, i do see it as a worthwile mod, but as mentioned, more for driveability and safety rather then a huge gain in headline figures.
    Last edited by akash_sky1; 21st May 2010 at 11:39.

1st Gear

Status
    Useful thread, thanks guys. Akash, I see from your sig that you are due to fit a HPFP soon. Let us know how that goes and what differences you see with the new map.