A3 8P Power List

Karl3

Reaction score
I'm new on forum, made few searches but didn't found the info I needed. I'm looking for more power modes to engine (sport filter, turbo, chip ...) Now running A3 8P 2.0 TFSI with ABT chip (around 240BHP), but it's quite short on power and I want more. If there is some kind of topic with that list, I will appreciate if you post it. Cheers.:hi:

I'm running the A4 with the same engine and am surprised you only get 240 from the chip. I was quoted remap up to 265 but feels like more to be honest... was yours 200 out of the box or 220?

Stock 2.0TFSI gives 200PS/197BHP, ABT Power chip only adds +40BHP
Checked ABT page, there is more updates for engine, plus will take a look on MTM, still any help would be great. :meeting:

P.S. Forgot to say, it is a Audi A3 Q version. :happy:

Last edited:
You need to change your DV valve, probably make a big difference, the standard ones cant cope with a remap, some even fail on standard cars.
That & Downpipe /cat & intake and your laffin. literally.

MTM can provide 310BHP/395Nm, which sound amazing, little suspension, exhaust, brake upgrade and the car will be monster.

Here is the link from MTM.

yes ive seen that before, and if you read it says ' Like 272 HP, but in addition with MTM exhaust manifold, turbocharger and fuel injectors; max torque about 395 Nm; that means new turbo son and like it says manifold to go with it!
It is possible but not from this engine's current hardware. And that turbo is the S3's KO4 like I mentioned, a long with its injectors.

AND that would also cost you about £7grand with current x-change rate! Excluding labour lol. Audi are MTMs tuners over here mainly, so not cheap.
If you wanted to spend that much APR stagr 3 kit is by far the best.

Last edited:
Thanks men, didn't know about APR. :beerchug:
Will check their web page 4 sure, looks interesting.

Yeah, APR knows how to make A3 almost fast as R8. :sly: Set runs only on 93 and 91Octane, is it the same as 95 and 98E in Europe?

But still, it's too much, my goal is to set ~ 310 - 330BHP :unsure:

Last edited: