JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Unhappy Ł15 A Day!! Are you having a laugh??

I have had my Black edition sportback for exactly 2 weeks now. It has just about covered 500 miles and I have got a few issues with it. The steering wheel is not straight and the engine keeps making a thumping noise at low speeds. So I phoned upto to book it in to be told that there is a Ł15 a day charge for a courtesy car. I asked the girl if she was having a laugh.

So waiting for a call from the garage director tomorrow, so i can have it out with him over the charge.
    Am I being unreasonable to expect an Audi (or any car for that matter) to last longer than 2 weeks before it needs to go in for repair??

Has anyone else had to pay the Ł15 charge?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    thats a pi$$take! don't pay em a penny
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    If it progresses any further get onto your powerful friend - Trading Standards.

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

Neutral

Status
    usually its to reduce the excess on the courtesy car policy, some dealers have no fee but a policy excess circa Ł2,000 or pay a small fee e.g Ł10 and reduce that excess down to Ł200 !

EDIT
    Forgot to say when my Audi has been in at the dealers (Swindon Audi) for Warranty work i've not paid a penny for the courtesy car, they gave me an A5 S-Line last time it was in

Neutral

Status
    Ive had my car for about 3 months and its been into Bexley audi twice. Both times ive had a courtesy car and not paid a penny for having them.

3rd Gear

Status
    Mine was also in my local dealers for warrenty work and I got a courtesy car for two days for no charge! There was a Ł1000 excess though and I was told I could pay a 'small' fee and the excess would be reduced. Seem to recall it was about Ł15 a day also
    2013 A5 2.0 TDI (177) Black Edition

[s]2012 A1 1.4TFSI (185ps) Black Edition[s]

[s]MY2010 A4 1.8T (160) S-Line executive in brilliant Red[/s]

[s]2008 A3 TDI S-Line Cabriolet 8P3[/s]

A4 (B8) Door warning light and Glovebox retrofits. A1 Heated Mirrors Retrofit

1st Gear

Status
    My first Audi Cabrio spent a total of just over 25 days off the road due to issues over a 7 month period. The dealer put me in a Q5, A3, A4's and an A6, never paid a penny.
    A3 1.8TFSI Saloon S-Tronic S-Line Quattro 8V - Jan2014 (63)
    Glacier White with 19" 5 Arm Wing Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Black Fine Nappa Leather with White Stitching, Heated Seats, Storage Pack, Folding Mirrors, SD Nav, Aluminium Pedals + More!

Previous: A3 (8P) 1.8TFSI Cabriolet S-Tronic Black Edition - Ibis White with Black Roof, Revo Stage One Plus with SDS, RNSE MKII with AMI, Cruse Control + More!

Neutral

Status
    when i've had a courtesy car, i didnt have to pay for it either. had to wait a month though before the car could go in because the dealer didnt have enough cars, and the one they gave me was a car for sale that they had listed as "coming soon" :S

i had the 1000 excess as well, but told if i pay 20quid, it would be wavered

Too Much Hype

Status
    My car went in for Ł60 worth of work and I got a curtsey car for nout. The excess was only Ł200.

Tell them to F*** right off!

Reverse Gear

Status
    I just got off the phone to the reception manager at my local audi dealership. She was very helpful and understood why I was so annoyed that they were trying to charge me. As mentioned above the reason for the charge is indeed a insurance charge. But she agreed that Audi will pay it as the car is so new and should not be requiring a visit to the garage so early on in its life.
    So I am pleased that I dont have to pay, but still a little annoyed at getting messed around. Oh well lets wait and see what they give me for a courtesy car.

Too Much Hype

Status
    Tell them that you will only accept an RS4.