Audi A3 Alarm doesnt seem to be activating

Hellz

Geordie Racer
Reaction score
Hi all,

I got to thinking today that in the whole time I've owned my 3.2 I've never heard the anti-theft alarm go off so decided to check it out.

When I open the drivers door there are two buttons, one for the interior monitor and one for the anti-tow alarm. The diodes are always lit red when I open the drivers door... does this mean that the interior/anti-tow alarm are permanently de-activated? Pressing the buttons doesnt seem to do anything i.e. they always remain lit.

Following locking of the car the diode on the dashboard flashes intermittently (as it should I believe) signalling that the alarm is active...

I left the car for a few minutes then lightly pushed it from the side for a few secs in the hope the alarm would trigger.

How sensitive is the A3 8P alarm? Whats the best way to set it off/trigger it? with the door interior/anti-tow lights always being lit do I have a problem?

Thanks in advance y'all

I just tried sitting in the car for 5 mins - locking the car from the inside with the remote - then after a few mins waving my arms round like an idiot, alarm didnt go off.

Where are the interior motion sensors? I cant see them - are they visible? :S

i have locked my gf lil sis (who is 19) in the back of my sportback and the alarm went off in a minute... the other way i tested mine was to lock the car from the remote and open the doors from the inside or with the key