Yep tyres again please

mike1628

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Been away for a likle while but back with a question

I have purchased my wheels VMR V710 HS and they are sat in my front room all shiney awaiting tyres its taken me a year to save for wheels and coilovers

Here are my choices:
235/35/19

Avon zz3
Falken FK452
Vredestein Utrac sessanta
Cooper Zeon 2XS

Im looking to stay on this side of £100.00 really :crying: and i know you cant put a price on life .......but i wont be doing 150 down the M4 but i do want rim protection and not a soft tyre which one then guys and gals give it to me!

I think im drawn to the ZZ3's never heard o cooper and can say Vredestein once ive had a pint he he, so its down to you please let me know your views just on these wheels :yes: and no arguing amonst the troops

Thanks in advance

Mike

Haven't heard much about most of those... The Vredesteins I've heard good reviews about and the Falkens I heard some people swear by, but are reportedly quite noisy.

Haven't heard anything about the others... but that's just my $0.02.

Have just put a new set of 18" Sessantas on mine but I doubt you'll get 19" for £100 each!

Vredestein tires are good. They do have the rim protection and reinforced walls. Good grip and not too noisy.

I have had Falken FK452's on all my previous cars (and will be using them again when my current ones need replacing!). Have found them to be a good all rounder in both the dry and wet. I haven't had the noise issues as mentioned above but guess its horses for courses.
They are excellent value too.

Ryan

Ive had Avons previously and found them very poor.
Vredsteins would be my choice out of those - we used them on an SLK and they had decent grip and lasted much better than any tyres put on their previously.

Hi Guys

Sorry for the delay had to go to work and come back home, well mixed reviews
Thanks Gryphon001, one thing is no ones really heard of cooper and Vredestein is coming out tops even though 125.00 each corner.

Still looking davej might have to bite the bullet on the extra wedge

Bambam sounds good to me if they are good enough for a SLK cant be bad, SAiLO and Clem2192 thanks for your views on this much appreciated guys

Hi again

Anyone know the best place to get the best price Vredestein ultrac sessanta from?

I had 8.5x19" ET45 BBS LM Reps with 235/35/19 Avons. Rubbed like a *******. 225's are a much much better idea on an A3, honest.

Used ZZ3 on a previous CTR.
Seemed pretty good allrounders and lasted well.
I would use them again.

Good luck
Paul

I've run Falken's on the S3 and find them to be good in all conditions.

I'm just about to put 225's on, but I've 4 Falken 215/35/R19's up for sale, less than £100 a corner with 8mm tread at least. I've an add in the classifieds or PM.

]I've run Falken's on the S3 and find them to be good in all conditions.

I'm just about to put 225's on, but I've 4 Falken 215/35/R19's up for sale, less than £100 a corner with 8mm tread at least. I've an add in the classifieds or PM.[/QUOTE]

215 are a bit too serious for me mate but thanks very much for the offer :)

V6Pete

I will seriously consider looking at 225's now Pete as i cant be doing with the rubbing cheers for the site top man!

V6Pete

I will seriously consider looking at 225's now Pete as i cant be doing with the rubbing cheers for the site top man!

I'm pretty confident in saying it will rub on 235's. Not saying it won't on 225's, but it will certainly help.

Look forward to seeing pics of the rims on the car :)

FK452's on Camskill - 235/35/19's are £98.80 each if this helps. Vreds are £125.90

I can vouch for the vreds, they were very good on my A4.