Removing the wheels!!

jars

Reaction score
decided to take off my wheels to give them a good old clean on the inside and out.

I went into the boot to get the required tools and found that the impliment (sorry, can't think of the technical name for it!) to take the bolts off doesn't fit!

I have the (what i think are) standard wheels for the 2.0 tdi sport, (picture of my wheels http://images.clickedit.co.uk/4487/AETV90754945_1.jpg ) there are not anit-theft bolts on the wheels, so i am guessing that i have an adapter missing??

If this is the case, will an appropriate sized socket do the trick, or do i need to try and find the part I am missing?

Sorry for the second stupid thread I have started since joining this very informative forum!

i had to knock a 19mm socket on to remove my locking wheel nuts as the mrs chucked the socket away .

That's a bit of a shitter!

That's the thing, none of them are locking wheel nuts from what I can tell.... unless the previous owner, or even Audi, replaced all nuts with locking wheel nuts.

They're just bigger than the tool in the boot!

Can I not get a replacement from Audi, E-bay or the like?

post a pic of them up so we know what they look like

are you sure you ain't trying to undo the plastic nut cover. :)

Yeah will take a few tomorrow as don't currently have any electrics in my garage at the moment!

Now I feel stupid... never come across plastic covers on wheel nuts before!!

Now I can see I do have locking wheel nuts, but that is in the boot, so all is well and can get on with opening a can of worms!

Thanks again to a very helpfull forum

:lmfao: you learn something new every day :arco: