A3 brake pedal strange feeling

steve184

Reaction score
I have a strange feeling in my brake pedal when i press it. it is really strange to explain but feels like something is loose and i can hear some sort of click (well not a click as such) but a noise similar to a click lol its annoying me nothing more but these crs are supposed to be built very well and my brake pedal feels shoddy feels like its made out of a linkage thats got 50 joints with everyone worn out! its just sooo vague not a positive firm action

anybody else noticed this? or could it be a fault with my car?

thanks

steve

I'm not saying there is a fault on my brakes themselves just the pedal doesnt feel solid and smooth its clunky and clicky and feels like something out of a lada!

I just want to ascertain whether its a fault or whether its the normal and its a slight design fault by audi

I had this with other cars where you pick a fault with a car and they just say 'thats how it is - characteristic of the car' and there is nothing that can be done about it

So 911SC you saying that none of what i describe is familiar on your car? What happens when you pumpt the pedal hard when the engine is off and keep pressing the pedal can you feel any sort of loose movement in the pedal or is indeed completely solid with no loose movement

I just need to get my facts straight before i go into my stealer - so all i want to know for sure how much if any 'loose' movement at the top of the pedal can you feel (when pumped hard engine off) before the pedal goes very firm - mine has about 10-15mm of loose movement at the top of the pedal - i want to know if this is common across all A3's or just mine!!