People who have suffered faulty DMF.....

rickyquicky

Reaction score
- Did the car shake when at idle?

- Would it stop shaking when you come off the throttle?

:icon_thumright:

No, and no... No shaking, just slip at peak torque that regains grip after slipping for ~500rpm; fine otherwise

Was it a steady slip or did feel like it was stuttering...?

Having an issue with mine and waiting till tomorrow to get it scanned at the dealership. Hoping it's just bad coilpacks. I do know mine is dying but not ready to replace it yet.

So how do you diagnose the thing? Surely there is a way to identify a failing DMF!

I have a DSG box and have NO slipping whatsoever, not sure if a DSG would slip though like a manual.

No, and no... No shaking, just slip at peak torque that regains grip after slipping for ~500rpm; fine otherwise

That is clutch slip[ nothing to do with a faulty DMF.

the clutch slips a bit due too the master cylinder rubber bushes sticking!

Get them changed and flush and refill the hydraulic fluid it will sort out your problem mate.

When the clutch is changed they will put a new slave cylinder on as a mater of course and also change the fluid so save yourself a fortune and do the very cheap option first then see how you get on?

Mine has been perfect for the last 12k miles since Audi did this repair for me after similar problems.

Gaz M

So what makes you think you have a problem with your flywheel?!

Just abit of clutch slip sounds like either too much power or a nackered clutch.

How did you diagnose a faulty flywheel?

Guys

I keep telling you its not a faulty clutch in a lot of case's but a faulty rubber in the master cylinder that cause's this problem!

The Audi assist guys showed me on my car and said it was a know problem.

Do the cheap repair 1st before you condem the clutch mine is still going strong after 12k since Audi fixed the sticking master cylinder under warranty.

Gaz