Volks AutosBadger5
    Neutral

Status

Facelift part fitment help

Hi everyone

I know there been loads of threads on facelifting cars but i can't find what i need to know, hopefully somebody can help.
    I have managed to get the ESP, airbag off light, hazard switch, blank and card holder from an 09 facelift car, i have had my old parts out and the new bits fit great and work with the existing wiring.

However the chrome surround i have bought sits too far in and the new buttons stick our to far: looks silly to be honest!!! I have had a look and the clips on the new surround are shorter than my old surround, can somebody tell me it i am using the wrong surround and there is an alternative part available to elimate this problem?

I believe the part number i am using at the moment ends is K.

Thanks in advance for your help

On the flip side i now have a complete set of switches with the surround and card holder from a double DIN cage is anybody needs a set for a single double DIN conversion, PM me.
    Last edited by M88JCP; 16th May 2010 at 21:15.
    2007 A3 S-line 170 TDI S-tronic
    Brilliant Red, Bose, RNS-e with bluetooth and SDS multi-function, factory fin, Ipod, Full Vienna Leather, interior ambient light pack, non smoking pack, 18" BBS split rim's, cruise control, 09 vents-climate control-switches, Cupra splitter

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I was looking to do this swap - so the wires from the old switches plug straight into the new ones? what is the chrome surround? any pics?
    2.0 TDi 140 S-Line With - S3 Vents l S3 Alloy Pedals l S3 Gearknob I Aero Rear Wiper l X-Treme Bulbs l 09 Rear Lights l Custom Floormats l 18" TTS reps l LCR Splitter I Facelift Stereo

Neutral

Status
    Hi Robby

Yes all the new switches plugged striaght into the original wiring, I can't get the picture i have to attach not sure what i'm doing wrong but I mean the surrund that goes around the switches with the chrome strip on the bottom if that helps?
    2007 A3 S-line 170 TDI S-tronic
    Brilliant Red, Bose, RNS-e with bluetooth and SDS multi-function, factory fin, Ipod, Full Vienna Leather, interior ambient light pack, non smoking pack, 18" BBS split rim's, cruise control, 09 vents-climate control-switches, Cupra splitter