JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications

Thread: mfsw problem

Neutral

Status

mfsw problem

hi guys

well got my mfsw for my 07 S3 on wed and gave the car to my mate who works for Seat to fit it, got it back last night to be told there is no multifunction. He said the power steering was not working until he got a code off his mate at audi. His mate tried to give him the code for multifunction but it would not accept it and he thinks it will need to be coded at audi. I thought it was a straight swap once i had all the parts ie new ecu part no: 8PO 953 549 F and slipring 1KO 959 549 D which turns out i did not need so if anyone is looking for one send me a PM any info on this would be appreciated before i head over to audi next week

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Mate you need to get it coded properly, the power steering wheel comes up with an error after you change over the steering wheel if you disconnect the battery. Either clear the fault and take it for a little drive and fully turn and lock the steering wheel left and then right (did this in the car park down the street) and it should disappear. Or go on to this site and look up the coding fix you need to do to get the car to recognise the steering assist properly:
    http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...teering_Assist

you also need to code the steering ECU to multifunction which is very easy! You need to get in contact with anyone on the site that has a VCDS so that they can code it for you, i wouldn't mind but you are on the other side of the country...
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line, Front & Rear Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

6th Gear

Status
    If its just a coding issue I can help you. After swapping the ECU module & slipring there is some coding that needs done or your steering will be like lead & wont self centre over an above the need to code the wheel controls. I'm just down the road from Glasgow if you want to PM me.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I have asked Khufu if he can help, maybe he will be along shortly.

Ok he beat me to it, piff puff pooof da da, magic lmfao

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    Thanks guys I will get in contact with Khufu begining of week