JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    Neutral

Status

Anyone had any joy getting Audi to cover any of the costs of cylinder head change?

The past week, I have noticed that on two occasions there was a HUGE cloud of white smoke after pulling away from work, but other than that, nothing when driving. The coolant was topped up after service 3 months ago, but has stayed pretty much level since then, however I topped up the oil this morning to find residue on the oil filler cap. As mines is an early 2005, I am assuming the worst and that the cylinder head is on the brink.

As this seema to be a well known problem with the 2.0TDI 140 engines, has anybody had any luck with getting audi to cough up some of the repair costs for out of warranty head replacements? Or know of anybody who has?

Haven't been to the garage yet, to check whether its gasket or the head itself, but knowing my luck its the head.

There seem to be at least two other people in the last week with cylinder head issues, Is it worth getting an actual number of how many people on here have had a replacement, if audi aren't willing to cover costs?
    2008 - _____ : A3 8P1 2.0TDI S-Line
    So far: EBC USR slotted discs and pads.
    2006 - 2008 : Ford Falcon Ute - XR8
    2003 - 2006 : Seat Leon TDI (LCR wannabe)

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Why would Audi cover the cost unless you have an extended warranty? we are in 2010 now, how many miles has your car done?

..... (_!_) Sarah's A3s #1 Fan
    Railway Line Champion

Status
    Had Ł500 paid by Audi towards our A6 2.0tdi, which left us Ł1500 to pay, but that included cambelt?
    Audi A6 Avant (2002) 2.5 V6 Quattro. Sunroof, Bluetooth mp3 Xcarlink, 6cd, xenons, tints, ST3, 18" RS6s
    I have VCDS and I'm not afraid to use it, well, a little bit?

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Watty View Post
    Had Ł500 paid by Audi towards our A6 2.0tdi, which left us Ł1500 to pay, but that included cambelt?
    And it was out of warranty!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

..... (_!_) Sarah's A3s #1 Fan
    Railway Line Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    And it was out of warranty!
    But only just out....with FASH !!!!!!
    Audi A6 Avant (2002) 2.5 V6 Quattro. Sunroof, Bluetooth mp3 Xcarlink, 6cd, xenons, tints, ST3, 18" RS6s
    I have VCDS and I'm not afraid to use it, well, a little bit?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Butler View Post
    Why would Audi cover the cost unless you have an extended warranty? we are in 2010 now, how many miles has your car done?
    No Extended Warranty, but if this is such a well known problem, that Audi now about, and they have fixed (this you can tell because of the fact that almost all of those between 2003-2005 have cracked, add one to this figure, and very few since then), then they should contribute to the cost of fixing, if this is a result of poor quality materials or poor engineering. Im not saying all of the cost, but a contribution for a known fault.
    2008 - _____ : A3 8P1 2.0TDI S-Line
    So far: EBC USR slotted discs and pads.
    2006 - 2008 : Ford Falcon Ute - XR8
    2003 - 2006 : Seat Leon TDI (LCR wannabe)

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_w View Post
    No Extended Warranty, but if this is such a well known problem, that Audi now about, and they have fixed (this you can tell because of the fact that almost all of those between 2003-2005 have cracked, add one to this figure, and very few since then), then they should contribute to the cost of fixing, if this is a result of poor quality materials or poor engineering. Im not saying all of the cost, but a contribution for a known fault.

You would think so but sadly no! Under warranty, no probs! Our Ł500 was only after My Hicks was emailed and lots of emails that followed. To this day they wont/didnt admit there was ever a fault!!! Go figure!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    You can try mate but personally i don`t think you have a snowballs chance in hell. Even if Audi did knock a few hundred quid off the total bill for getting the car fixed at a dealers would come to much more then if you went to an independant garage so you still wouldn`t be any better off getting it fix at the dealers in the end anyway. I have a couple secondhand heads laying about if you want to pop a head on cheaply as a new head is about Ł800-Ł900 in total just to buy.
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.