will i need shorter drop links after lowering my car?

DOLPHIN DIESEL

Reaction score
just thought id ask as i know some people change the drop links for shorter ones from a different car once theyve lowered their suspension (my brother put mondeo ones on his polo after coilovers), i need new ones anyway as i cut them in half to get the front shocks off when they wouldnt come free

any advise would be great

You cut them in half???

Was the bolt seized or what?

Any drop links we have removed have been easy peasy!!

You wont need shorter droplinks by the way if you are lowering it.

i dont usualy do things like that but it was a pain in the ****, its been easier to completely strip down my mk2 golf than do the suspension on the a3

cheers for the info mate

If just fitting lowered springs then its the top part of the car that comes down as opposed to the bottom part going up in relation to where the drop link attaches to so they will still be the same length. Not sure about how coilovers are attached though.

its coils mate, but if nobody else changes them then i wont bother, well, i will have to change them now (dont think theyre much use cut in half) but just for standard items

cheers people

did you ever fit shortened drop links?? mine came with them. about an inch shorted then standard. but i need some new ones :( if you bought some, where did you get them from please??