Downpipe and de-cat question BlueFlame & MV Sport

gynads

Reaction score
Ive come to the conclusion that to enable me to have the REVO stg2 on my S3, I`m going for the downpipe and sports cat instead of the full TBE. I understand the MV Sport can be fitted with no mods etc, but found the blueflame DP & sports cat today on E-Bay for £400 , is this a straight swap too? does anyone have this option? (mated to the OE cat back factory system) im wondering what sort of figures you made and how it sounds?

thanks

Ace thanks ash, what do you make of the MVS d/p? What does it sound like?

The MV's sound fantastic.

A mate and I were running through tunnels in Germany last month side by side and they sound brilliant. MV Sport and the Blueflame almost sounded exactly the same to be honest. Both great products.

The MV's sound fantastic.

A mate and I were running through tunnels in Germany last month side by side and they sound brilliant. MV Sport and the Blueflame almost sounded exactly the same to be honest. Both great products.

cool, you dont have any video clips do you warren? were you en route to the ring by any chance? how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

Yes, we'd just left and were heading into Stuttgart to go to Porsche.

I haven't got any clips of sound, but I may try and get one tomorrow as I have some work to do on the car in the morning.

I think it was about £900 for whole thing on a group buy running on the forum. Call Mike and tell him you are from ASN and will he offer the forum offer deal (I think it ran out in Feb 2010).

akash*
It sounds better them OEM inside and not boomy at all (with OEM VOTEX rear section), but from the inside it doesn't sound that amazing.
However if you hear it from the outside its great :drool:. If your going thru a tunnel or accelerating side by side so you get the reflection it sounds greatt. But as in other Stg2 S3s i've been in from the driver's seat the sounds a bit dissapointing.
Seeb (Haz1), Davie's, another MTM S3 and mine all sound great when following.
My votex rear silencer adds quite a lot more bass to the sound as well, and just muffles the snap-crackle on overrun slightly.

It's definately worth it for the performance especially when run with an induction kit too, if you go for the MV one its great value, although note it is 2.75 and not 3'' diameter.