Rear Bumper Advice Needed!!! pls!!

Sarah's A3

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid
Reaction score
Right, I have bought a rear bumper with park sensor holes, part No 8P7807511, it doesnt have any more letters or numbers after it, ive looked. It is the 2008 bumper where a diffuser clips (2 part)

DSCN2158.jpg
DSCN2157.jpg

Now the question!

Ive been to tps and we've tried a few diffusers now, all S3 and non fit! they are either too wide or completely different fit
up to now we've tried 8P3807434 J 1RR (too wide)
8P3807434 G 1RR turned out to be S Line!!
8P0807434 F 1RR wrong fitment!

Any ideas? I already have an S Line diffuser that fit (8P0807521K) but surely theres an S3 to fit!!

I will post pics of what I have and what im after! something like this but for my bumper

5bfef827.jpg

thanks in advance

Last edited:
The S3 rear diffuser will fit that bumper no problems as far as i remember!

I'll take a look at the part number on my S3 rear diffuser that i got recently

Should have waited as i'm selling it soon!

The S3 diffuser doesnt fit that bumper at all, you have no chance Sarah!

You need the earlier bumper thats in 2 pieces, the bumper you have is the new facelift one.

Aaahahhh no way! Was starting to wonder tbh! This is getting stupid now lol, For the front I need wahser jet holes, the rear needs park sensor holes...these never seem to come up on Ebay!!

thanks for the reply! :(

Yeah i have the same issue with parking sensors, havent seen one for months on there! Plenty of sportback ones but no 3 door!

Looking on ETKA I didnt realise there were so many diffusers lol! No wonder the dealerships ask for part numbers!!!

I'm presuming you are back on the s line conversion now then huh? :)

No, not at all, bought too much S3 to go back now! Just hard finding the top part rear bumper with park sensor holes!! Arrrggg felt like crying earlier, sooo frustrating!

I'm glad I went with the bumper I did. I did consider face lifted rear bumpers, but decided on the s line one, due to the fact of being able to put the s3 rear diffuser on at a later point in time.

Good luck in your hunt sarah

No, not at all, bought too much S3 to go back now! Just hard finding the top part rear bumper with park sensor holes!! Arrrggg felt like crying earlier, sooo frustrating!

How much is the bumper new from Audi?

Bit of a thread revival....

I've just bought the same bumper (3dr, facelift, 8P7807511) but need to get hold of a diffuser for it.
Am I right in thinking that the only ones that fit are the standard or s-line ones?
Anyone got ab idea of how much these cost new from the dealers?

Oh and Sarah, dont suppose you still have the s-line one that you said fits, in post 1???
If you do, and would like to sell, I've got the readys!

Sorry Ive already sold it.

I could only get an S Line one to fit, ended up getting a different bumper in the end for the S3 diffuser

The diffuser from audi cost around to 80-90quid plus you need the four pieces of mesh i dont remember exacly how many but they cost each 10quid from audi. i bought the same bumper like sarah and yours

I know this may sound silly but could you not buy a bumper without the parking sensor holes and then put the holes in yourself???

Aythreee, was around £80 but you do see them on Ebay. The inner trims are dear though if it doesnt come with them. Think the trims are approx. £25 each and you need 4!!!!! So I went for the other bumper.

I know this may sound silly but could you not buy a bumper without the parking sensor holes and then put the holes in yourself???

Yeah I could have done but didnt want to. I tried finding the holders etc that go on the back to hold the sensors in and couldnt get them. It doesnt matter now anyway as its all done thankfully.

Aythreee, was around £80 but you do see them on Ebay. The inner trims are dear though if it doesnt come with them. Think the trims are approx. £25 each and you need 4!!!!! So I went for the other bumper.

Yeah, i found a thread where you were asking stokeaudi about it. £180 is dear! Almost 4 times what I paid for the bumper!
Wonder if they trims are a must lookswise. If so then I may just go for the non s-line diffuser. Hopefully they'll be around the £70-£80 mark.

Hence why I wanted the S3 one. You could always try using something from Halford or Demon Tweeks to fill the gaps, some mesh etc. Its like a recess that the trims pop into. You could always go the 2 part bumper instead.

yes you can. there's a "+" where the sensor should go, but the mounting brackets are fixed at the factory and you can't get them separately. NHN used ones from an A6 which ARE available separately. considering how much of a perfectionist he is this solution will work better than OEM, guaranteed.

I'll see what stokeaudi come back with on the non s-line diffuser and then take it from there.
Thanks.