After installing H&R springs....

Fast,not furious

Dealing with an OCD
Reaction score
Well,i had my H&R's fitted yesterday,by the nice guys out at Micheldever tyres - good job guys.

The problem now is that i'm experiencing high frequency vibration through the steering wheel - like the balancing's gone out? I'm pretty sure they did one spring at a time,as i know my wheels well enough to know which one went where (just v slight kerbing on one,small mark on another etc.) so it's not like rears have gone to front showing up any balancing probs...
Incidentally i had four wheel alignment done whilst i was there.

...so is this common?
...also feels quite bouncy compared to stock...will this settle down? (on the plus side it corners like it's on rails :cool:)

Also have been advised that there will be increased internal wear if the tracking goes out,the guy suggested next set of tyres should be also be non asymmetrics? Has anyone else experienced this? I've still got a few thousand miles of tread left on my current rubber ,also non asymmetric - BF Goodrich G-force S Profiler - they've done 25k!!

So what tyres are you running with your H&R's?

Any feedback greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
hmm interesting, havent had mine fitted yet but will let youy know..

how on earth do you get 25k out of a set of tyres running stage 2, with tread still left???:think:

i have no vibration with mine, let them settle a bit if the vibration still there go get it checked out....
And mine corners as if its on rails to:o.k:

I know - best tyres i've had!! - my younger bro recommended them,he seems to eat tyres,but has had two sets of these with great results

You should have no vibro - something isn't right.
As suggested let them settle and if it persists get it looked at.
With regards tyres - ****** - yeah you have to keep the tracking right, but I'm going to gather, like most enthusiast on here you're not bouncing off curbs all day long.
I had the Goodyear F1 Assy's on mine with H&R springs... got several track days and 24k miles out of them ;)
Awesome tyre.

You should have no vibro - something isn't right.
As suggested let them settle and if it persists get it looked at.
With regards tyres - ****** - yeah you have to keep the tracking right, but I'm going to gather, like most enthusiast on here you're not bouncing off curbs all day long.
I had the Goodyear F1 Assy's on mine with H&R springs... got several track days and 24k miles out of them ;)
Awesome tyre.

It's only slight vibration Jamie,but it defo wasn't there before...as well as feeling it, i can see the distortion the vibe is creating in the rear view mirror,just a faint blur...and no,the stereo wasn't turned up loud!

As for bouncing off kerbs....nooo! One slight scuff in 3 1/2 years!

I have been running H&R's for a good 20,000 with no vibrations. I do have a rattle from the passenger rear spring now and then though! As for tyres, my stock Michelin Exalto's lasted a good 35,000 on the front, I guess I dont drive hard enough :blush:

Have you checked that a wheel weight has not dropped off, or that the wheels are tight?

Something is amiss, I would take it back to who ever fitted the springs to check everything is tight.

I would say the ride on mine is way firmer than stock, and only really bouncy when then driving fast on poor country roads.

I have just changed tyres to Pirelli P Zero Rosso's and they seem to be fairly good. On my BBS Super RS's I run Falken's, which are not that good :(

H&Rs fitted, car drove spot on, tighter, flatter, better steering and no vibration at all.

GY Eagle F1s started to scrub on the inner so had 4w allign done.
Car now still drives spot on but no scrubbing.

15K/18months on same fronts, but looking tired now,
Car is REVO Stage 1.

Why didnt AUDI send the car out like this in the first place?

Oh, and H&rs REMOVED the `bouncyness` (is that a word)

cheers
Paul

Had my H&R's on for around 3K miles and they have settled in fine. Never had vibrations though. Agree the ride is better than stock but really bouncy on the rebound. Considering uprating my shocks but glad to hear the 'bouncyness' is common!

So bit of a mixed response with the 'bouncyness' then,and i agree it seems to be on the rebound. I'll check all is tight and maybe get them re-balanced.

Concerns with tyrewear seem to be misplaced i guess.

Thanks to all who have replied so far :beerchug:

Well it seems to have settled down nicely now,either that or i'm loving it so much i'm ignoring it.... and boy does it handle well, bunging it into a corner at speeds i wouldn't even have considered before and she just digs in and grips grips grips:hubbahubba:
A quick snap taken on my mobi this morning....came out slightly different coloured though!
Phone084.jpg

good to hear it!! looks so much better tham oem :icon_thumright:

You should consider some spacers.
Help fill the arch better - 10mm all round is safe, but you can run 15mm on the rear if you remove a screw on the rear arch.
You might find it calms some of the harshness you referred to as well, as your effectively pushing the the wheels away from the pivot point, so ride will improve slightly ;)

Thanks Jamie,i've already thought of that....i'm hoping the missus will approve of new wheels instead....if i let her have the house she wants! Fair trade??
The question is which ones to go for!