Neuspeed P-Flo Intake fitted!

akash_sky1

Reaction score
After deliberating whether to fit this myself ( made a habit of screwing up **** easy things in the past), I decidedI couldn't wait till saturday for my garage to fit it ( for FREE- Andy at A4Audi is a very nice chap) and did it this evening.
Followed the clear instructions but did a couple things slightly differently.
Took my time and spent about 1.5 hrs. The bolts to fit the new the heatshield are fecking solid to get at and tighten, and I had to rock the car to get salvage a lost nut from the engine bay lol.

img00286201005132203.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

As you can see haven't got the Neuspeed engine cover yet, wil get one later. As for the intake, which i got for £115 delivered- brand new -BARGAIN!!! its excellent value for money. It has actually given a more tangible difference to performance then the MV Sport DP & CAT . This is really i think due to them needing to work in tandem though as more air in-more in out etc etc.

Throttle respone is MUCH better, noticeable in ALL gears, esp 3rd +. Where the KO3 with standard air box chokes above 5.2k revs this intake provides a solid, tangible 12-15 bhp easily over standard from 5-6.5k, and the car now pulls noticeable better in this rev range in particular, then before.

There is possibly a tiny reduction in torque around 2-2.5 k but above this point its all better. I never accelerated in high gear from low revs any way since remap to save the clutch.
Noise wise I haven't quite got the CRAZY DV flutter that Davie managed to get in his S3 with Evoms, but the turbo is much more audbile, in a good way, and the noise form the turbo/downpipe section is much more audible, also in a good way.

So perfomance wise there is a solid gain which can be felt from the driver's seat, and driveability is better too. From the 'butt' dyno you could safely say its making 265-270 bhp with all the mods, and slightly more torque. A pesky v6 /R32 DEFFO NOT keep up now lol.
The intake itself is one piece aluminium and is very light-lighter then standard plastic airbox.
The heatshield provided is stainless steel ( I think) and after a hard run was pretty warm, but could be touched, the intake pipe was def. warmer also. Some heat reflecting wrap is def. needed for the centre section to stop heatsoak which I could feel pulling away, after idling after a blast.
Overall thumbs up and an amazing bargain I managed to grab for myself :)

Last edited:
i was going to tell you to fit it yourself lol, it would be a better feeling of achievement! glad its fittd & you like the difference :)

Sounds good matey! Glad your pleased.

We won't ask about your "butt dyno" though.......

going to have a go at trimming up the OEM cover as i've seen it can still look pretty good.
All I want know is rid of the of the votex back box which is stifling the snap-crackle pops that I can hear in the MV centre section.
Also going to get some heat reflective wrap for the intake, Davie had some aerospace grade shizzle ,want some of that!