S3 Alarm

jungleman

Reaction score
hey all
the the manual it says that there should be a red flashing LED on the dash saying when your alarms on
but i dont have that... does that mean my alarm isnt working as i have no idea how to test it?

oh and its a 56 plate

cheers

If you look directly up the middle of your bonnet it's there in the middle of your dash at the the bottom of your window you won't notice it during the day check it at night

lock the car
wait bout 20 min an then
throw a brick through the window, if it rings then its working.

but seriously, go to the dealer and ask them to have a look see?

lock the car
wait bout 20 min an then
throw a brick through the window, if it rings then its working.

:crying: .... couldnt do it.... u wanna do it for me haha
really didnt want to waste my time with a trip to the dealer, but ah well lol

The Alarm LED is in one of the small squarish domes that are either side of the centre speaker grill on the top of the dash, the other one is the sunlight sensor for the climate control.

Once the system is armed this should flash, but it isn't that bright.

Paul

thats where ive been looking, even at night and still cant see it... hummm thin this may have to be a trip down to the dealers to make sure its all working!!

Arm the alarm when sitting inside the car, give it a min or so then start waving your arms around! Hopefully the alarm will sound.

Arm the alarm when sitting inside the car, give it a min or so then start waving your arms around! Hopefully the alarm will sound.

haha ill give that a go... hopefully my neighbours wont see me as they will think ive gone totally mad haha