A3/S3 wing mirror casing removal/replace

RicoS3

Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a quick question regarding A3/S3 wing mirror removal/replace. I've looked in the FAQ's and although there are details on how to remove the door cards, do you need to do this to remove the wing mirror casings? My mirrors are standard, not electrically folding. I'm needing to replace the wing mirror cover only. Probably an easy answer, so help greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Rich :thumbsup:

i've said it before it can be a mare of a job but i belive (pardon my memory) that all that is required is the removal of 2 screws on the underside of the mirror, adjusting the glass to suit as you go with a lot of force to pull off the casing. that being said it was a year ago! and the facelift mirrors may (though shouln't) be different not atempted with them yet

The 'two screws' is for the pre facelift. Rico's is facelift so IIRC ( i'll try and find link ) but removal of glass gives access to 3 screws and clips to remove indicator and casing. No door card removal required for casing only.

that sounds a lot easier, the prefacelifts could be a right ****!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please keep that sort of language off the forum P5SND

Pop glass out. Remove screws.

Slide cover off

Bit fiddly but fairly easy

Thanks all. Doesn't sound too tough (famous last words), so fingers crossed. Scottie, this "popping" out of the glass you speak of sounds interesting. How would one go about that? Sorry if I'm sounding really think by the way. And no, you don't have to tell me I'm thick, lol!

It's alright guys, found a few simple guides on the net. Cheers for now.

best way is tilt the glass so you can get your fingers behind it and just gentally pull , its quite easy , care full not to snap the taps of when you slide the cover off , are you painting them same as the ck s ?

Probably not mate. They're black so will just leave them this colour as it matches the grill surround. I may in time colour them, but not right now. I like the look the new Golf & Scirroco R have with the black mirrors, so going to try it out.

haha ill be looking out some casings this time next year to go with the plans for the summer boots for the car

Probably not mate. They're black so will just leave them this colour as it matches the grill surround. I may in time colour them, but not right now. I like the look the new Golf & Scirroco R have with the black mirrors, so going to try it out.
i got some black ones off ebay but did nt like them even with the optics grill , done mine in audi quartz grey and its a perfect match with the anthracite ck s
pictures123.jpg

Looks good mate, saw it on another forum. I like how it brings in the front splitter and rear diffuser as well. I'll try the black casings first, they were only 15 bangers off of ebay anyway. I'm hoping leaving them black will hide the size of the dumbo's a tad. The alu ones stand out a mile at the mo. Weird, spent years lusting after an S3, got one and one of the first things I want to do is alter one of the most obvious features that makes it an S3. Ah well, I'll still keep them should I want to change back.

i know what your saying , i did nt want to loose the s class silver mirrors but they just looked odd when the dark wheels went on , really pleased with them now , i kept my silver ones for when its time to sell on :icon_thumright:

Im looking to remove my silver casings, i presume its done the same way, remove glass and then there should be 3 screws exposed? TIA

13680281 10153801852905662 2105964741558506476 o