Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pedal to the Metal!!!

Status
    Nice colour mate but honestly that is well over priced.
    The original purchaser clearly chose the audi exclusive interior which gave the two tone leather, non perforated gear stick and removal of s-line badge on steering wheel. An option of just over Ł1000 i think.
    I know cus my car is exactly the same
    Have you checked how much the retrofitting of the xenons will cost you? I did and it scared me.......a lot! Sat Nav is also a must which would be another Ł600!
    If I was you I would either:
    a) Find a cheaper higher specced car and respray it. (Someone mentioned the job Pregnant N Proud did. Quality!)
    b) Wait for another Sprint Blue A3 to come on the market and play one off the other.
    c) Stay cool and just wait until he gets desperate. I cant see anyone buying that car for Ł14,500, especially in a recession. The cars not getting any younger or more valuable.

Whatever you decide, you'll love the car. Make sure you remap it!

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Keep in mind you cannot use ANY xenon kit as it blows the wiper motor! (countless threads on this!) You have to buy the genuine audi xenons which will cost more than Ł1000 if new parts are used! even secondhand parts your looking at over Ł800! so consider this all before you make the move, in all honesty your not getting much for your money. Think about the resale value when it comes to it - thats gonna hurt.

I know a cars not an investment for increasing the value, but its nice to pay a premium over the colour when over 90% of the people are spec driven than colour driven. Id pay Ł10.5k for that car tops.
    Audi A3 2.0 tdi sport..many mods to follow...just too fussy when it comes to making decisions!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tdisportuk View Post
    Keep in mind you cannot use ANY xenon kit as it blows the wiper motor! (countless threads on this!) You have to buy the genuine audi xenons which will cost more than Ł1000 if new parts are used! even secondhand parts your looking at over Ł800! so consider this all before you make the move, in all honesty your not getting much for your money. Think about the resale value when it comes to it - thats gonna hurt.

I know a cars not an investment for increasing the value, but its nice to pay a premium over the colour when over 90% of the people are spec driven than colour driven. Id pay Ł10.5k for that car tops.
    Ł800???? Really?? I thought it would cost Ł500 maximum from second hand parts?

I wouldn't be looking to install these xenons:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Set-AUDI-A3-3d...item5639c409d5

Rather, these style which are Ł500ish and come with ballasts:

http://cgi.ebay.de/2X-ORIGI-XENON-BI...item23066f573d

Quote Originally Posted by PTTM View Post
    Nice colour mate but honestly that is well over priced.
    The original purchaser clearly chose the audi exclusive interior which gave the two tone leather, non perforated gear stick and removal of s-line badge on steering wheel. An option of just over Ł1000 i think.
    I know cus my car is exactly the same
    Have you checked how much the retrofitting of the xenons will cost you? I did and it scared me.......a lot! Sat Nav is also a must which would be another Ł600!
    If I was you I would either:
    a) Find a cheaper higher specced car and respray it. (Someone mentioned the job Pregnant N Proud did. Quality!)
    b) Wait for another Sprint Blue A3 to come on the market and play one off the other.
    c) Stay cool and just wait until he gets desperate. I cant see anyone buying that car for Ł14,500, especially in a recession. The cars not getting any younger or more valuable.

Whatever you decide, you'll love the car. Make sure you remap it!
    In terms of price, i have been in contact with the owner and have managed to get the price down quite a lot after indicating some servicing and replacements (brake pads/dsics) that will need to be carried out. Let's just say, if i was to buy it, it would be very close to my original offer.

As mentioned before, Sat Nav isn't really an issue for me as i have a TomTom. I'm still shocked about the price of installing xenon headlights. Really didn't think it would cost near Ł1000. Can anyone confirm this? Have to admit, am really impressed with Pregnant N Proud's headlights
    Last edited by v1raj; 21st May 2010 at 23:30.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Just take note, you have to have headlights specifically for your country as there are lhd & rhd versions.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Gievf Buckets

Status
    theres a set for 450 on uk ebay

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Pii
    4th Gear

Status
    Seems a little pricey but as others have said it's your choice. You could probably find an S3 for a little more and similar mileage as those prices seemed to have dropped heavily.

In terms to this car, I like the seat but dislike the single din dash and the steering wheel. The owner looks like he has looked after it though so that looks good.

The decision is yours but by considering respray it does open your possibilities i.e. find the cheapest once with the most options. Some guys have done theirs and the results are very good.

I'm not the color is worth this price (or whatever it will be be after the work).

Good luck though. I detest making major decisions like these.

1st Gear

Status
    Ok so just a quick update and a question for you guys...

Providing the new log book arrives within the next couple of day (car originally had a private plate on), i will be meeting the seller and having a look at the car.

I'd really appreciate it if you guys could give me some pointers for things to test/inspect/look out for etc..

Thank you.

1st Gear

Status
    Apart from the condition of the bodywork (paint), brake pads and discs and air con, is there anything else that i should look at?

Anything with the DSG??

Thanks

Gievf Buckets

Status
    with regards to the body work specifficallly check the cills and door bottoms as they like to rust

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods

Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

1st Gear

Status
    So far:

condition of interior/dash
    condition of bodywork
    brake pads
    brake discs
    air con
    cills
    door bottoms for rust

Surely there must be more?

S3 (8P)

Status
    Obvious stuff like checking VIN against the V5 etc.
    HPI check too, you should be able to see if its been in a smash but not if there are any HP/Finance irregularities.

Good luck
    Paul
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

1st Gear

Status
    The new log book has finally arrived (car was originally on a private plate)

Will be going to look at this car Saturday afternoon.. Providing it's in good nick, have a funny feeling i'll be drving it home

So, any last recommendations? Any things in particular i can check out if the DSG is in good condition?

All comments welcome..

Gievf Buckets

Status
    only thing i can think of is checking the cills and door bottoms for rust as its a common problem

failing that enjoy

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12