A3 Car Covers

machomanrandysavage

Reaction score
Hey

I'm likely to leave my black A3 unused for periods of time, and unfortunately, my parking space is near a tree that drops sap. I'm guessing the only option is a car cover

Can anyone recommend a cover thats waterproof etc... and doesnt cost the earth? Seen a few on ebay but unsure whether they are suitable

cheers

Last edited:
Car covers from what I understand are a no no. Unless you religiously wash your car and cover each time before you cover it up, to stop the swirls/scratches they will cause

Car covers from what I understand are a no no. Unless you religiously wash your car and cover each time before you cover it up, to stop the swirls/scratches they will cause

I guess thats the key thing I was worried about - the scratches on the paint due to the interior of the covers

I guess thats the key thing I was worried about - the scratches on the paint due to the interior of the covers

They are a very bad idea. I used one for some time on a previous car just whilst my new garage was going up and what a mistake. It totally fecked my paint. As no matter how well you think you have good rid of all the abrasive dust / dirt etc there is still some left on the bodywork. Then the cover moving in the wind just uses this dirt like sand paper to scratch your pride and joy big time !