People who have suffered from a faulty dual mass flywheel...

rickyquicky

Reaction score
Can you describe the shaking symptoms?

- Is it throughout the rev range?

- Or is it more apparent at certain rpm's?

Thats all I need to know:icon_thumright:

mine seemsto have a shaking when i pull off only in 1st strange seems fine changing through gears and coming down and in reverse. just when pulling off.

My clutch start slipping due to my dual mass falling in on itself under load, DMF's are nothing but trouble, i fitted a brand new one when i installed my uprated clutch but i cant see it lasting much longer than the 19k the original one lasted lol

Davie

Can you describe the shaking symptoms?

- Is it throughout the rev range?

- Or is it more apparent at certain rpm's?

Thats all I need to know:icon_thumright:

Usually more problems as you hit peak torque. (late 2k, up to around 4k rpm).
It will seem like clutch slip, (revs spike up about 500rpm without corresponding lurch forward) but then it drops back down to where it should be for your road speed/gear.
Most notable when there is a lot of load on the engine... higher gears at WOT.
I believe a faulty clutch shouldn't regain grip when it slips (but could be mistaken)

Rattle when start up and shutdown, feel it through the clutch pedal, mine goes into ayr audi 17th may to get the gearbox out to replace the flywheel, Mines is a 08 with 23k on the clock stage 1

The problem is I have DSG which seems to be making life hard for testing...

I have a shake between 1500-2500 revs and cant tell whether its a missfire or the DMF.

BUMP!

Surely someone can give me some more info on faulty flywheels!

My car is shaking at certain rpm's when accelerating, it always goes when I come off the throttle. Any ideas at all? I thought it was an engine problem, but a loom and an injector later its not any better...the diagnostic machine isnt picking up any faults.

Could a faulty sensor NOT bring up a fault code? Maybe MAF sensor?

Its FWD, 2.0 tdi DSG.

On my old 2.0TDI 140, the car seemed to shake from side to side when at a standstill in neutral