JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Ridiculously long wait for new Audi S3

Hey,
    I ordered a brand new S3 with loads of extras in February. It was scheduled to come in April but has still not been delivered. The dealership are saying that this is because of some train breaking down, and that it has affected lots of people. Has anyone else had this kind of experience? It sounds pretty unusual. The dealership still cant give me a firm date for delivery.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    you call less than 3 months ridiculously long? Thats quick! Some peeps on here have wated 6 months!!!!!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

Neutral

Status
    audi are pretty lazy with their delivery dates. my parents were gonna buy a brand new specced up q5, but audi said they wouldn't be able to deliver it until at least 6 months time, and refused to move at all on it, so they went and bought a volvo xc60 new to their own spec and got it in a month and a half, earlier than expected

Neutral

Status
    There seems to be big delays right across the board in nerly all cars at the moment. We have been looking at times at work of around september and later for Bmw 4x4 cars s and e class class mercedes more if you want auto. Audi a6 Le mans lead times have been around august, its shocking how long it seems to take.

Beer God

Status
    I think a lot of parts suppliers have been caught by surprise in the rise in demand of new cars, last year everyone was thinking we would have a double dip recession so lots of people were laid off, now parts suppliers and car makers are having trouble ramping up production, I guess the Icelandic volcano didnt help either...
    Volvo V50 D5 R-Design

Neutral

Status
    ^^ Thats proberly it, seems like it its worse fro higher spec worse aswell with fancy auto boxes etc theres a massive back log of orders. Proberly the same reason there is struggle for good spec cars that are in stock as dealers have not been stocking many cars.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bape View Post
    Hey,
    I ordered a brand new S3 with loads of extras in February. It was scheduled to come in April but has still not been delivered. The dealership are saying that this is because of some train breaking down, and that it has affected lots of people. Has anyone else had this kind of experience? It sounds pretty unusual. The dealership still cant give me a firm date for delivery.
    I would like to remind you that some of us on this side of the pond have been waiting for years and it'll NEVER come. Just trying to keep things in perspective

1st Gear

Status
    If you have been quoted November by the broker ( not spoke to the dealer yet ) as i have , what is the likelyhood of the date being moved forward - does this happen very often , thanks ?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bape View Post
    Hey,
    I placed my order on 6th Feb, it was originally due to arrive end of April, but mine arrived early! My dealer received my car on 8th April and I picked up on 17th.

3rd Gear

Status
    Which is why I searched high and low to get to the closest spec as possible that I wanted, and then added some after items, still I had to wait 6 weeks as it was being built, but had been ordered, the real annoying part is, although the car had not been built at time of me ordering they could not change its spec, somewhat stupid really, they lost a few k