Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

AUDI PRICE RISE - CAN THEY DO IT ON ALREADY PLACED ORDER ???

Hi , spoke to a broker today and placed an order , and waiting to hear back from the dealer . However , they told me that even though the car is ordered if Audi put there prices up in the meantime my price will also go up - is this normal practice ? i've never heard anything like it .

2. # ADS
    ADS

Quattro Drive

Status
    There was a link to an article on here a while back about it but unfortunately I can't find it...

It said that Audi would honor the original price you were quoted for the car. To be honest this makes sense to me since they have entered into a contract with you when you sign for the car to be built the way you want...

Good luck with it!
    Ibis White 2.0 TDi 170 Quattro Black Edition

LOOKING FOR - Black facelift wingmirrors
    FOR SALE - 312mm discs, pads, complete calipers and pipes - Only 500 miles on them from new! 275+Delivery

Glad to hear that you have finally placed an order.

Most Audi dealers will stick to the price as agreed but they have to pay based on the date of delivery. When you placed an order there is a clause on most car order forms that says the price will be the price aplicable on the day of delivery. This also applies to the VAT if there was an increase or decrease. If you signed the order then you agreed to this.

As for a broker, then it's up to them and what their order form says. If there is a clause that allows them to increase the price if Audi increase their prices then they may well do so. They are probably obliged by Audi to pay the price as at the date of delivery rather than the date of the order.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

3rd Gear

Status
    I agree would think Audi would, but sounds like to me that if Audi put the price up, they are not charging the broker, but he may want to charge you,

Just as a matter of interest, why do people use a Broker? I am sure if you pushed hard on an Audi Dealer, you will just as equally get the discount you want.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Butler View Post
    Just as a matter of interest, why do people use a Broker? I am sure if you pushed hard on an Audi Dealer, you will just as equally get the discount you want.
    I think you answered your own question there Brett...broker=discount
    using a broker is a bit dodgy anyway so you leave yourself open to problems...a bit like buying a mailorder bride

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    I think you answered your own question there Brett...broker=discount
    using a broker is a bit dodgy anyway so you leave yourself open to problems...a bit like buying a mailorder bride
    Why do think that Brokers are dodgy? Have you had a bad experience?
    In my experience, the Broker is only involved during the quote process. All other dealings (including handing over money) are with the Audi Dealer - Just like dealing locally.
    So, to me it's win-win. Big discounts with no effort and none of the ridiculous "there are no discounts available on this car" BS from the salespeople.
    Present - 8V S3 3 Door S3 S-Tronic. Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Super Sports Seats, Technology Pack, Folding & Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Bang & Olufsen, Comfort Pack with Cruise Control & Rear Parking Sensors, Reversible Boot Liner, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Non Smoking Pack, Hold Assist

Past "Highlights" - 2008 S3 (8P2), 2004 Alfa 147GTa, 1999 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo LE, 1994 Astra GSi 16v

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Butler View Post
    I agree would think Audi would, but sounds like to me that if Audi put the price up, they are not charging the broker, but he may want to charge you,

The Broker will have to pay the price at the date of delivery. The Audi dealer will also pay the price at the date of delivery. The difference may be that the dealer will 'absorb' the increase and charge you the price when you ordered and the Broker may not. The one giving you the maximium discount is very unlikely to 'absorb' the extra cost. In my particular case I have always got a good discount from my dealer and he has also 'absorbed' any difference in price but this is the 7th A3 I've purchased from him. (Same dealer and same salesman)
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Splathead View Post
    Why do think that Brokers are dodgy? Have you had a bad experience?
    In my experience, the Broker is only involved during the quote process. All other dealings (including handing over money) are with the Audi Dealer - Just like dealing locally.
    So, to me it's win-win. Big discounts with no effort and none of the ridiculous "there are no discounts available on this car" BS from the salespeople.

Maybe 'dodgy' is not the right terminology,not as straight forward as from a dealer would be a better way to describe buying a car through a middle-man.
    No I haven't used a broker as I purchased from the dealer and got discount and a very good finance rate as Dave has as well

1st Gear

Status
    Hi , i tried a couple of dealers direct and pushed hard ! Best came in at almost 800 more expensive than the price through a broker . They are obviously putting many customers certain dealers way so are able to get a better discount than me going in to order one - unless of course you get lucky 'right place at the right time'. I have got as good as dammit 11% subject of course to any Audi increase which i will try and negotiate away when i speak to them direct , so i'm happy - i don't think i could have done alot better to be honest . I just find it amazing that they can do this , i'm struggling to think of another instance where this would happen . But then i suppose if it's in there T & C's your snookered .

1st Gear

Status
    The price rises come into effect from 25 May; the price of new cars ordered before then will be fixed at their current levels.
    A3 MY11 2.0TDI 170 Black Edition 2011:: Ibis White :: Technology Pack :: Comfort Pack :: Interior Light Pack :: Ext Mirrors electr/fold/heat/dim :: Audi Mud Flaps
    =============================
    Modifications - Brakes Calipers painted Black :: S-Line Grill badge ::

1st Gear

Status
    Is this advertised anywhere so that i can mention to the dealer , thanks .

1st Gear

Status
    A3 MY11 2.0TDI 170 Black Edition 2011:: Ibis White :: Technology Pack :: Comfort Pack :: Interior Light Pack :: Ext Mirrors electr/fold/heat/dim :: Audi Mud Flaps

1st Gear

Status
    It would seem that Audi have announced that they will fix prices on orders before the 25th May . It has just occured to me that the reason they may want to charge me is because they are holding back the order beyond the 25th . I'm not sure how the ordering system works but if they only have so many order slots allocated each month which are currently filled maybe they are building up an order bank of cars which they order over the next month or two . This would also account for the current 6 month lead time . Then maybe i'm talking rubbish . Are you guy's who are ordering direct from dealers and not through a broker also seeing 6 month lead times ? If audi are saying they will fix before the 25th then the only reason to charge the increase is that they are putting the order in after this date .

Personally I've never known an A3 to take as long as 6 months to deliver unless there is a problem with getting enough of a particular engine or gearbox and the 2.0TDI-140 has been around long enough for that not to be the problem. 10-12 weeks is the norm. Your comment about the broker and whichever dealer they are using having used up their allocation may be the problem.
    Dave R (h5djr)

2nd Gear

Status
    My 2p: if you buy something which they invoice you for(my stealer did so on order, also via a broker) then the contract at that price is made. I'd be surprised to see any clause in their t&c's stand up in court if challenged as I reckon it'd breach rules on what is and not enforceable or under unfair contract terms.

As for using a broker, I did as it was the best deal I could get. All my local dealers are the same company and obviously train their men to play the same card and don't offer discount off list. Dreading dealing with them for the stamps in the service book...
    Ibis white 2010 A3 2.0TDI Black Edn.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by danA3T View Post
    I'd be surprised to see any clause in their t&c's stand up in court if challenged as I reckon it'd breach rules on what is and not enforceable or under unfair contract terms.
    lol if you sign on the dotted line then how on gods earth is it able to in the first place ever get them to court when you have agreed to these terms and conditions ?

2nd Gear

Status
    lol if you sign on the dotted line then how on gods earth is it able to in the first place ever get them to court when you have agreed to these terms and conditions ?
    You certainly agree to the terms but it could be that certain contractual terms that aren't in the spirit of the law or overly restrictive can't be enforced. The reality being that a lot of stuff rarely gets challenged as the belief is that contract terms are iron clad.

Status
    You certainly agree to the terms but it could be that certain contractual terms that aren't in the spirit of the law or overly restrictive can't be enforced. The reality being that a lot of stuff rarely gets challenged as the belief is that contract terms are iron clad.
    so I could challenge my credit card interest or mortage charges ? I would love you to be right but think you are giving ASN members a false belief (no offence btw)

2nd Gear

Status
    so I could challenge my credit card interest or mortage charges ? I would love you to be right but think you are giving ASN members a false belief (no offence btw)
    Interest on a mortgage/loan/cc is a bit different to altering the price between order and delivery. No offence taken, or intended either, I've based my belief (not a lawyer btw) on seeing contractual terms overturned where they fly in the face of statutory rights and I reckon this'd apply in this case, e.g., http://www.oft.gov.uk/about-the-oft/...terms/guidance

Status
    Interest on a mortgage/loan/cc is a bit different to altering the price between order and delivery. No offence taken, or intended either, I've based my belief (not a lawyer btw) on seeing contractual terms overturned where they fly in the face of statutory rights and I reckon this'd apply in this case, e.g., http://www.oft.gov.uk/about-the-oft/...terms/guidance
    fair shout Dan

1st Gear

Status
    Audi UK confirms 2011 model year range pricing. New customer orders placed up to, and including, May 24 will be fixed at currently advertised 2010 Model Year prices.

http://www.audi.co.uk/about-audi/lat...e-pricing.html

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    You think thats bad, some parts have gone up 25-35%, its unreal really is.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Yeh it really it is bad tbh

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

2nd Gear

Status
    The guy at my Dealership said that Audi HQ was pushing them to enforce the increases with new customers but the dealerships pushed back and said they couldn't do that and would honour any orders already placed. if the dealerships choose to do that its there loss of sales revenue but thats what Derby audi are working too from what i was told.