A3 2.0tdi or new golf 2.0 gti tdi

hondaboy

Reaction score
hi guys first post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

looking at the audi A3 3dr 2.0tdi is it due for a facelift with the new grill ie: the sportback style silver surround?

also will this hold it money better then the 160tdi gti vw are bringin out in the golf

how much discount can you get of an audi dealer also in the uk on the 2.0tdi 3dr

what would you do get the audi...and chip it at a later date or got for the golf gti once released

Hey Jasew,

I can't believe you have had no serious offers, it's a shame it's not a sportback or i would have had it!

What car will you get next?

[ QUOTE ]
cdb2 said:
Hi Hondaboy!

I contacted Audi UK a couple of weeks back re any A3 3 door facelift. They said :-

'Production of the face lifted A3 with new single frame grille takes place in June 2005. You can expect to see these on the roads from July 2005.'

Think I'll be going for the Sportback as I can't really wait until then. It's more practical, has the new family grille and will potentially have slightly better residuals.

Btw, what Honda have you got? Recently test drove a facelifted CTR - went like a stabbed rat! Monstrous power and noise!

[/ QUOTE ]

hi mate yeah i have a facelift ctr goes like mad real fun to drive keeps you buzzing ridin the cam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif but my high miles are not doing it any good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ,reason for my intrest in the above

thing about the 140tdi is i had a test drive and it did handle very well but didn't seem to be that quick .

Used to have a polo(9n) 1.4tdi b4 my CTR and the polo felt faster but maybe its b/c its the punch coming in all at once unlike the new rannge of 2.0tdi vw engines

what do you lot think about the new range of engines

1.9 vs 2.0

I don't do many miles on my way to work and those I do are generally on A and B roads crawling or <40mph. I don't really want the diesel clatter all the time in the queues, I'm therefore looking at 2.0 FSi petrol. If I did high mileage like yourself, I'd probably consider the diesel.

Did testdrive a 2.0tdi - went very well and did put a grin on my face. You get quite a burst of power when you floor it in 2nd! The 2.0tdi seems more sought after than the 1.9tdi so presumably better residuals.

Have you test driven one yet?

Make sure you try an SE and a Sport - there is quite a difference in the ride!

I loved the CTR I had for half a day but decided I couldn't live with the harsh ride. Wasn't too keen on the build either. Thought dash was a bit dated, stereo basic, the aluminium look grab handles were just silver painted plastic (not like the A3 alu trim) and the door trim seemed to go in and out when the window went up and down! The A3 dash though is beautiful and the car feels so solid!

yeah I like my ctr for fun factor but like the a3 for the build and mpg

yeah i have been in the older golf 130bhp tdi and that was fast from what i remember.

the a3tdi2.0 I testdrove was the sport with the leathers must be b/c its smooth makes it seem slower