New grill, removal help, wf?

warrenlord

Reaction score
searched up and down and cant find much help on removing the grill on an 06 a3, ive got a new one and want to get it on but i had ago at taking the old off today, by taking the 3 botls on the top off and taking the two pins on the gray bit under the bonnet.

but thats it it felt solid and didnt want to pull harder than i did. i just want to see a guide on removing while the bumper is still on.

any help is appriciated as i would rather not break it taking off.

thanks

hi you will need to take the bumper off to access all the screws holding the grille on. just fitted an s3 bumper and grille to my 05 a3

serious? i thought you could do it with the bumper on?

is there a bumper removal guide?

you can remove the outer piece on the bumper, but to remove the whole grill you require access to remove the 10 or so screws

you can remove the outer piece on the bumper, but to remove the whole grill you require access to remove the 10 or so screws

so the grill is screwed in from behind? i thought it was just on a fair few clips. guess i need a bumper guide to go at now

start by removing the arch covers and the screws that join the bumper to the wings

I removed my grill on an 06 s-line last week. this might help.

Remove around 5-6 torx underneath the bumper at the front of the car.
Remove the 3 torx screws holding the grill on top, underneath the bonnet.
Remove around 5-6 torx screws infront of the right and left tyre on the wheel arch.
pull the wheel arch towards u where there will be 2 torx screws vertically pointed which need to be removed.
there is a bolt which will be straight in front of you as soon as u pull the wheel arch towards u, this is the main bolt keeping the bumper in place. A torch will be needed but if u have small hands then you'll be fine lol, it can't be missed.

Finally, just pull the bumper slightly on the right and left side where it should just pop off.

remove the bumper with another person, it will save a lot of time and stress :drag:

I removed my grill on an 06 s-line last week. this might help.

Remove around 5-6 torx underneath the bumper at the front of the car.
Remove the 3 torx screws holding the grill on top, underneath the bonnet.
Remove around 5-6 torx screws infront of the right and left tyre on the wheel arch.
pull the wheel arch towards u where there will be 2 torx screws vertically pointed which need to be removed.
there is a bolt which will be straight in front of you as soon as u pull the wheel arch towards u, this is the main bolt keeping the bumper in place. A torch will be needed but if u have small hands then you'll be fine lol, it can't be missed.

Finally, just pull the bumper slightly on the right and left side where it should just pop off.

remove the bumper with another person, it will save a lot of time and stress :drag:

Thanks mate! hopefully i can do it without to much stress, didnt really want to do it that way but looks like i will have to. can the arch liner screws be taken out with the wheel on ?

How did you get on warrenlord?

not took the plunge yet, i should be getting a splitter and new bulbs all round so am going to do the lot when i wip the bumper off, just need to get some money together and get the bulbs and splitter.

will post up some time when i get it all done. thanks!