facelift s3....

davey-s

Reaction score
new to the audi group so excuse my lack of knowlegde, i have a mk5 edition 30 golf at the mo but im really interested in buyin an s3. i luv luv luv the brand new ones but i think there a few thousand out of the price range
icon8.gif
so im wonderin what the difference is between an 07/57 reg and a brand new one. i know the headlights and bumper are different, but are they are total dfferent shape and wont fit on the 07 reg?? if they do i would just buy an 07 and get the facelift bits. could someone make up a quick list of the changes just of the top of your head?? thanks alot

Welcome to the site.

It will fit but its a fair upgrade will cost several K to do, 3-5k has been discussed as the lights arent cheap & needs wings, bonnet, front, slam panel, light brackets, wiring, painting etc etc.

P5SND (Phil) is the man to ask as he is currently doing the facelift on his S3

simple answer is yes its doable, well seems so, im just beginnning to trial fit bits so i will be adding some updates with problems encountered and fixes and workarounds hopefully beginning later this week, think ive sourced the remaining parts of the front end so im quite chuffed and its a big relief tbh the biggest relief will come from when i first switch on the facelift xenons. though ive heard there may be potential issues with central locking + facelift door modules, im hoping not, but i can always wire the dumbos to work from somewhere else and refit the old modules. :)

though ive heard there may be potential issues with central locking + facelift door modules

Who told you that Phil as I've already wired in the newer modules into a 54 car, move wires about on both doors, but work 100% mate with no errors, you must do both doors before testing or will get problems cause old modules use different pin positions on newer modules.

new to the audi group so excuse my lack of knowlegde, i have a mk5 edition 30 golf at the mo but im really interested in buyin an s3. i luv luv luv the brand new ones but i think there a few thousand out of the price range
icon8.gif
so im wonderin what the difference is between an 07/57 reg and a brand new one. i know the headlights and bumper are different, but are they are total dfferent shape and wont fit on the 07 reg?? if they do i would just buy an 07 and get the facelift bits. could someone make up a quick list of the changes just of the top of your head?? thanks alot

That is similar to what i thought mate although after speaking to carfile.net i found that i could sfford the s3 sportback with a couple of options!!

Who told you that Phil as I've already wired in the newer modules into a 54 car, move wires about on both doors, but work 100% mate with no errors, you must do both doors before testing or will get problems cause old modules use different pin positions on newer modules.

just someone who was doing the facelift, by the sounds of it he didnt fit both. if its the case that when both are fitted they will work i wouldnt have encountered any problems as id do both at once anyways. as always cheers for the great info mate another load of my mind :)

No worries, you can maybe help me mate with your facelift part contacts to find me the damn heater system still lol, needs to be 08 onwards from a climate control car.

aha youre still looking for one i see , ive got a car thats still 100% that im getting, missed out on the boys recaros though, youve got a pm mate

me a lot, but i do agree they need to work on seperating the s3 front from the a3

The older S3 look nicer than the "sharper" styled front end, which is at odds with the more rounded A3 3-dr shape (it works better on the Sportback though), but it would be crazy to contemplate retro fitting it to a 57 plate car.