19" 8.5J ET48 - Fitment & Refurb Advice Needed

fuji

Reaction score
N8, i know you'll be the one who answers this...haha!

I've purchased from Audi Speedline/BBS/RS861's/20-Spokes off eBay.de.

They currently have no tyres...what size tyres will provide a reasonable ride along with adequate rim protection?
Can i push for 235/35/19 or are they likely rub? I'm looking at dropping it very shortly toa height which suits (Any ideas?!) will that affect the choice of tyre?

Also whilst we're on the subject, Re-furbing, i'm going to get them refurbed with a diamond cut/polished lip and wrinkle/crackle black centre. Any reccomendations of where to get them done? I'm thinking Lepsons at the mo.

...i await your well informed respsone! :icon_thumright:

Hey Fuji,

You want to run a minimum of a 225/35, so they tyre will sit nicely on the rim and give you some clearance or go 215 if u wanna go hardcore! My guy in Preston does diamond cutting and he my set of splits:

DSC04431800x600.jpg

Here's Pete's old Splits with crackle black centres, he's currently asking me to track him down another set.

NimbusTT-R2.jpg

Lepsons are very very good and they will be able to fullfil your needs.

You never fail N8. Thanks alot. I'll just stick with the 225/35's.
Both beautiful wheels :hubbahubba:, can't wait to get mine sorted...well i gotta get them first! :jump:

Sorry to hijack but didnt want to start another 'will these wheels fit' thread...
Will 18 x 8.5 ET47 fit on A3 140TDi with Eibach 50mm springs on? If so what size tyre would I need?
TIA

You want to run a minimum of a 225/35, so they tyre will sit nicely on the rim and give you some clearance or go 215 if u wanna go hardcore!

N8, revisting this. Am i reading this right. Minimum 225/35 therefore i could push for 235/35 with no rubbing issues?
Bearing in mind the wheels are 8.5/19 ET48?

Thanks N8! I'm testing you today...what about 225/40?
I'd have poss been interested in those but i recently bought some eBay.

How much?
I'd wanna get the middles done in that yellow / gold colour. Ive seen it on Porkers and S4s.