MPG of 1.9TDI Sport

jav786

Reaction score
what mpg are people getting locally?
im gettin around 50-55 for £10?

but on motorways it seems to do better MPG?

i think my clutch is on its way out? but not to sure going to get my dad to check it out when i get home, but wil this effect my MPG?

i'm no mechanic but can't see how a clutch would make you use more fuel, unless it slips alot.

50 - 55 miles per £10 seems awfully low to me. i have the 2.0tdi and although i think my car is running as efficently as it should be i still get about 80 miles per £10

when was it last serviced? and do you use any kind of diesel adative?

it was serviced not long ago, about 2 months ago! oil change, fuel filter, air filter, oil filter/?

Check your fuel filter, change the oil, change air filter, flush your engine, throw in some deisel treatment in the tank and see if that makes a difference - you should be getting around 60mpg in the 1.9

yer im at uni now! aint goin to a garage im a student they'll probz rip me off! ill wait till i get home in 2 weeks and get my dad to check that out!
what do you mean flush the engine bud?

btw the reason why i am saying it mayb the clutch, cuz i have this knocking noise in idle, but when i put my foot on the clutch it dissapears?

Probably your flywheel is knackerd - common enough problem - what year is your A3?

The oil change, fuel filter change is a piece of **** mate, use your student brain :p

Go to halfords and buy some deisel engine flush. You put this in the car prior to changing the oil. You put the whole can in where the oil goes, turn on the engine and let it run on idle for 5-10mins. Turn off and then change the oil and filter. The flush basically cleans the inside of the engine to an extent - it all helps!!

You can also go and buy some redex extreme deisel treatment.

its a 55 plate mate.
ill be honest with you mate i could do it, but dont fanc doing it on the main road outside my student house lol! the cars driving perfectly just not gettin the right MPG :( so im sure it can manage a coupla weeks until i get bk home!
cheerz 4 the info anyway, will updat the thread when i found out exactly what it is!