Another Sprinter on the way

Yaks

Reaction score
Had a test drive of an S3 this morning, and did the deal there and then :)

Spec is :-
Sportback
S-Tronic
Sprint Blue
Leather/Alcantra Black seats
Technology Pack ( DVD Satnav, Bluetooth, AMI )
Comfort Pack ( Rear parking sensors, Crusie control, Light sensors, Rain Sensors )
Adaptive Headlights
Alu roof rails
Bose speakers
Reversible boot mat

Came up as a mid-Spetember delivery, which seems ages away, but means I will get the new 60 plate ( got a personal reg, but will be worth a few hundred come re-sale ).

Fancied the Anthracite wheels you get with the BE, but you can't get them on their own and didn't want the rest of the BE pack. So if anyone is getting the Anthracite wheels and thinks they prefer the standard S3 ones let me know.

Anyone want to buy a 2 year old R32 with a nice Milltek exhaust on it ??

Let the waiting commence

Yaks.

Nice one - welcome to the sprint sportback club :)

Glad you decided against the black optics etc, sprint and bling is the way to be :laugh:

Hi Yaks,

I'm an utter newbie, just in the process of ordering an S3. By the "Anthracite" wheels, do you mean:

HM4 225/40 R18 Y tyres F18 Audi exclusive cast alum. alloy wheels, 7.5Jx18, 7-twin-sp. des., titanium
look, w. 225/40 R18 tyres (quattro GmbH)

These are the standard wheels from my spec for a BE car in Red. If so, I'm speccing these:

F18 Audi exclusive cast alum. alloy wheels, 7.5Jx18, 7-twin-sp. des., titanium look, w. 225/40 R18 tyres (quattro GmbH)

On my (obviously non-BE) Sprint Blue....

No, I'm not getting two, I just can't currently decide between colours.

Rob.

Last edited:
Hi Yaks,

I'm an utter newbie, just in the process of ordering an S3. By the "Anthracite" wheels, do you mean:

HM4 225/40 R18 Y tyres F18 Audi exclusive cast alum. alloy wheels, 7.5Jx18, 7-twin-sp. des., titanium
look, w. 225/40 R18 tyres (quattro GmbH)

These are the standard wheels from my spec for a BE car in Red. If so, I'm speccing these:

F18 Audi exclusive cast alum. alloy wheels, 7.5Jx18, 7-twin-sp. des., titanium look, w. 225/40 R18 tyres (quattro GmbH)

On my (obviously non-BE) Sprint Blue....

No, I'm not getting two, I just can't currently decide between colours.

Rob.
Rob,

Are you saying you were allowed to add the Black Edition titanium wheels to a non-BE car ?

I was told this was not possible.

Was it a no cost option, or did you pay extra ?

i hate it when different garages tell you different things !

Yaks

Online, it's not a problem - on the exterior page there's a chooser for wheels that includes the Titanium look for no extra charge (sorry :-( ). But I think MY2011 may put a spanner in the works anyway, since I think the wheel is being discontinued (along, I believe, with the reversible mat).

Here's my blue spec and here's the BE spec.

Rob.

Last edited:
I thought that the wheels were a recent thing on the audi site, i have a s3 sb on order and have done my spec a few times over the last 5-6 weeks and only recently noticed this on there...

Could be wrong though!!

Yep, I agree - when I ordered mine a few weeks ago the titanium wheels were not an option on the on-line configurator.

Will pop in and see the dealer tomorrow and see if they can change my order

Thanks guys

Yaks

Agreed a trade-in price, but could probably get a bit more private - will see if there's any interest nearer the time.

Nice car but you just can't do anything with the engine without spending thousands - I've got a GIAC re-map, ITG panel filter and Milltek exhaust and it makes ****** all difference. V6 is nice though.

Finally picked the car up yesterday after delays due to the Audi IT upgrade, and getting my private plate transferred.

Wow :w00t:, loving it :yum:

Had a good 350 mile run it it today from Edinburgh up to Fort William across Rannoch Moor and through Glen Coe. Loving the power delivery and lots of toys to play with as well.

Got the standard S3 wheels done at the dealers in the same colour that the BE ones come in - very happy with them, I like to be a slightly different.

Only tiny grumble is I think the shark fin would look better colour-coded rather than being black. But as you can tell, if that's all I've got to moan about I'm a happy bunny :yes:
P1040656.jpg

Congratz on the car Yaks...Car looks lovely, S3 Sportsback in the best colour aswell! Alloys looking good..
Once again congratz on the car and glad your enjoying it. Any more photos?

Car's looking nice there fella. They've done a grand job on them wheels for you - I'm not a fan of the newer S3 wheels, but in anthracite, they look a whole heap better IMHO.

Grand driving roads you're describing an' all. Some of the best...

I second what Benskin07 says, lovely car in the best colour for the S3!