EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Lacks Car Funds...

Status

Rear Aero Wiper Mod

Anyone know if the rear aero wiper fitted to the 2009+ audi a4 avant will be a straight swap with the standard one on my 2005 A3 s-line??

Not sure if anyones done this but any info would be helpful thanks.
    2005 A3 S-Line 2.0 TDI 140 DSG

Factory: Full Black Leather - BOSE- Lights Pack - Winter Pack - Arm Rest
    Mods: iTray - Black Optics Grill - UK Pressed Plates - Bluefin - Cruise Control - Lamin-X - Rear Aero Wiper - S-Line Spoiler - Black Diamond Brake Pads - Wheels Refurbed, Gunmetal Grey - Eibach Sportline Springs
    To Do: Wheel Spacers
    Dreaming Of: RNS-E - Bluetooth - FBMFSW - S3 Rear End - MY11 Rear Lights - Big Brake Kit

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I fitted a polo ^N aero wiper, i had to mod the cap slightly as the A3 has 2 washer jets and the polo must just have 1

2.0 TDi 140 S-Line With - S3 Vents l S3 Alloy Pedals l S3 Gearknob I Aero Rear Wiper l X-Treme Bulbs l 09 Rear Lights l Custom Floormats l 18" TTS reps l LCR Splitter I Facelift Stereo

Lacks Car Funds...

Status
    went and measured the A4 aero wiper the other day, turns out its too long so looks like i'll be ordering a Polo aero wiper arm and blade...

Mods: iTray - Black Optics Grill - UK Pressed Plates - Bluefin - Cruise Control - Lamin-X - Rear Aero Wiper - S-Line Spoiler - Black Diamond Brake Pads - Wheels Refurbed, Gunmetal Grey - Eibach Sportline Springs
    Dreaming Of: RNS-E - Bluetooth - FBMFSW - S3 Rear End - MY11 Rear Lights - Big Brake Kit

"Started From The Bottom"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by robby View Post
    I fitted a polo ^N aero wiper, i had to mod the cap slightly as the A3 has 2 washer jets and the polo must just have 1

Is that a rear s line bumper you have on the back?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by circleswim View Post
    went and measured the A4 aero wiper the other day, turns out its too long so looks like i'll be ordering a Polo aero wiper arm and blade...
    Let us know how you get on, My wiper is wonky so looking to do this mod in the near future
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

Gievf Buckets

Status
    bleh dewiper nao!

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Lacks Car Funds...

Status
    will do, just ordered it off ebay so will post some info once complete. Not really a fan of dewipering it as i do a high mileage so the car gets mucky and would like to see out the back...

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by digzz View Post
    Is that a rear s line bumper you have on the back?
    Yep, it's a 2006 S-Line
    2.0 TDi 140 S-Line With - S3 Vents l S3 Alloy Pedals l S3 Gearknob I Aero Rear Wiper l X-Treme Bulbs l 09 Rear Lights l Custom Floormats l 18" TTS reps l LCR Splitter I Facelift Stereo

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by circleswim View Post
    will do, just ordered it off ebay so will post some info once complete. Not really a fan of dewipering it as i do a high mileage so the car gets mucky and would like to see out the back...
    Dead easy, lift cap and remove nut, this may be seized so wiggle it about and it pulls off - slide new wiper into position and tighten nut. You'll then have to trim the new cap when the washer jet squirts through as the bottom jet is obscured by the new cap, you could have a look at a Polo 6N to see if the jet fits the A3

Boycie

Status
    I would recommend removing it entirely - looks a lot nicer, smoother and sleeker without the rear wiper!

Lacks Car Funds...

Status

Rear Aero Wiper Mod

Just fitted mine tonight, had to file the wiper arm down at the non-wiper end as it was rubbing on the window, once filed it's fine, currently not fitted the washer cap as I'm trying to get hold of a vw washer jet that doesn't hit the cap. Happy with the result so far.

6th Gear

Status
    I'm trying to this right now, mine wont budge at all, dont fancy forcing it anymore as i've already snapped the blade off wiggling it about! The cap is now full of WD-40 so hope it might come off later

Lacks Car Funds...

Status

Rear Aero Wiper Mod

Take the washer cap off, remove plastic wiper jet, undo wiper arm bolt. I got to this stage and tried wiggling the arm off the splines, tried and tried and got nowhere, so got a flat blade screwdriver and pried it between the underside of the wiper arm and the metal shaft it sits on, do this a few different points around the shaft and it'll be off in no time. Don't pry against the glass or you'll be sorry!

Hope that helps...

6th Gear

Status
    All sorted now!

I ended up just hacksawing through the metal ring bit on the one side, as soon as that came off it weakend and it just popped off. New one on no problems, The jet does hit the cap though your right but instead of cutting the cap i blocked the lower jet with some super glue, the top jet now gets plenty of force, seems better now than with 2 strangely!

I had a look at the mk5 golf and polo and like my lupo, the jets on them are built into the spline of the motor so anyone looking at this mod will have to re use the original directional washer jet

Lacks Car Funds...

Status

Rear Aero Wiper Mod

That's what I did, filed the washer jet to fit inside the cap and glued up the bottom hole. Job done! Check the cap doesn't foul the rubber grommet at the base and that the spline end of the wiper arm doesn't foul the glass as the last thing you want is rubbing! I had to file both these areas in order to get a perfect fit. I love mine, it's wiping pleasure every time!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    I would recommend removing it entirely - looks a lot nicer, smoother and sleeker without the rear wiper!
    do you have a pic of yours de-wipered boydie? i have a Sprint blue too and would like to see what it looks like