retro fitting arm rest, having trouble!

V16

Reaction score
I'm fittin an arm rest for my a3, i thought cutting out the centre console would of been the hardest job but now looking at it it seems to be the easiest.
every time i tighten the bolt the rivet comes loose, has anyone used other screws and bolts and which ones? i've been working on it for hours but it just keeps wobbling!

I didnt get the rivet and bolt when i bought mine second hand and so I just used a simple nut and bolt. Its been fitted perfectly solid for 3 months. No dramas.

hi mate i did this yesterday night! and had exactly the same problem, i read and reread the instructions until i finally gave up and used the smaller but and bolt and just tightened it that way.

the bit they supply cant be used as far as i can see as it just slides out, even if you put a bolt underneath it moves up and down because there is play, the instructions made literally no sense to me. anyways mine is fitted very securely now just using the short nut and bolt.

cutting the hole really is the easiest bit ;)

a nut and bolt did the trick!! fit's perfectly with no wobbles!! stupid rivet!

ahh the comforts of an arm rest!! :thumbsup:

im looking for an arm rest kit for my 2006 audi a3 8p. where did you two get your kits from and how much? thanks

the kit came with the arm rest when i bought it, but all u need is a nut and bolt! should be a matter of a few pounds from b&q, maplins etc

Sorry I meant the complete armrest, did you buy it from Audi dealer? how much do they cost? ive seen a kit on ebay but im sceptical of the quality. Thanks

Complete armrest from Audi is approx £220 !! That's for both top and bottom bits in cloth.

Leather is more expensive.

Keep looking for the genuine bits on ebay. Cheapo ones will only last ten minutes 'cos they rely on just 4 screws into plastic. When you have the genuine one fitted you realise how much leverage you actually put on it.

That's a good price from Stoke Audi who are sponsors of this forum.

Unless you wait and hope to get second hand ( I paid £60 for second hand bottom part and £15 for new top part ) you are not likely to get a better price.

It is genuine though.

Oh defiantly wouldn’t be using a budget armrest ! how’s this price compare with how much you lot paid? If this is a genuine Audi arm rest how can they be selling them so much cheaper?!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FRONT-CENTRE-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3c9e5907a8

this arm rest is genuine but i thought that's the similar price i was gonna pay, but if you have an s-line or leather interior then it's extra for just the leather top bit! all together comes around the 220 mark! :wtf:

I just bought a leather armrest from a guy on ebay for £85 :)
going to fit it on Saturday... can anyone remind me how much i need to measure before i cut the whole? what did you guys use to cut it?