Which grill upgrade/mod? For a 2004 A3 Sport - not S-Line

stefanhenchoz

Reaction score
Hi all!

I have a 2004 A3 2.0 FSi Sport - (not S-Line). I am looking into changing the grill but finding it a little difficult to find a replacement. The model I have which i have seen being to referred to on this forum is the 8P1 - whereby the grill is split almost in 2 by the plate holder which is colour coded. Have seen the FK ones on ebay, but it states on the listing that these are for the 2005-2008 S-line only models! eg:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FK-AUDI-A3-8P-05-08-BLACK-S3-STYLE-GRILL-/160411950837?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item25594c1ef5#ht_2436wt_982

there are also a few 05-08 genuine S-Line grills on ebay aswell but once again not sure of fitment to the 04 (or 8P1) version of the A3.

Anyone done the same on their 04? Is it possible to do without too much effort?

Cheers

Shane

nope, none of hem will fit. If you want them grilles then you need to change your bonnet and bumper to the facelift type. If you want a similar look some people have painted between the 2 grilles black so it looks one piece.

hey man,

thanks for the response. i had a feeling it would be that way. so is a facelift a mammoth task then? i mean we talking new bumper and bonnet? what about fogs etc? do the looms need to be changed. ah im gutted now haha, was hoping it would be easy :(