OEM diverter valve version 'D' fitted :-D

akash_sky1

Reaction score
Hi all, posted a thread a while ago about huge loss of power and very whistly turbo, after a service.
After going for a run with a mechaninic logging data, logged an 'underboost' fault' after a hard run.
My car has been remapped some time ago, and certainly did feel quicker after it but wasn't the night and say transformation like on my 130pd Bora after that was mapped.
I always put this down me being new to the car , its smooth power delivery and quattro drivetrain loss, still it felt quick but not as quick as it should have been (circa 250 bhp remap & MV Sport Big Bore DP & Sports cat) for a car pushing 255-270 bhp.

So I just went and told the mechanic to fit the new 'D' valve, as I knew the origiinal rubber version was pants as coping under increased boost and hoping it would solve the problem.
So he fitted it and we went for a spin, and WOWZAAA! Now it feels like it has a remap & now finally can feel the extra mid range surge from the freer breathing turbo. Really is night and day, can't believe I was driving for over 6 months in what I now realise was a very underpowered 2.0TFSI.
It feels like I have definitely unlocked another 40 horses now the turbo is boosting properly.
I would advise anyone who hasn't changed their standard diverter valve and has the older style one, on the 2.0TFSIs to change it regardless of whether you have a fault code or not, as I had NO warning lights and only now appreciate how much slower my car was then it should have been.
Only problem is now I really am enjoying the performance properly! had a nice race with an old s2 ( i think, lagged back too far) and its really highlighted the need for some new suspension...eek.

However I also changed to the matte black Audi grille emblem yesterday, and it could be down to this :kissmyrings:, so don;t blame me if you change to the 'D' verison and nothing happens lol

Last edited:
Good news mate. Is this something a half savvy person could do themselves? And how much does this cost?

the warrany i got from the dealer should be covering it, but there only about £50. As yours is a 2005 it will have the old crappy rubber diaphragm one too, honestyl felt like it had been remapped again it made that much difference.
As for fitting it , on the non S3 2.0Ts its tricky coz its mounted directly on the turbo so you need to have the car on a ramp or at least some axle stands to reach it, and its quite fiddly .

I know exactly how this feels Akash, as I did the exact same thing a few months ago!

My DV had gone, so I changed it for the new revised "D" valve and.... POW! You have a very fast car again ( this Valve replacement is really a must if you have remapped your car!):racer:

It is a job you can do yourself if your reasonably Ok with a set of spanners and have access to Axel stands, ramps etc.

Although prepare yourself for alot of swearing, aching muscles and scratches! As it is quite fiddly where it is positioned. I had to practically take off the old valve and refit the new valve using only one hand as that is all you can fit in the space! Taking off the front O/S wheel helps a bit.

The difference is amazing though isn't it Akash:)

Rog

What year/models did the new D valve get fitted as OEM??

What year/models did the new D valve get fitted as OEM??

I don't think there is a particular year or model, it is just a case of checking the actual DV. I was told from 2006, then someone said their 2007 S3 had a previous valve fitted so not conclusive.

I would imagine the very latest S3/A3 tfsi models would have the new DV:shrug:

Rog

Yes it really is night and day. HUGE difference. Actually feel like I have a seriously quick car now and am content with the power for a change.
The garage provide excellent customer service ,esp to me, but not so clued up on tuning, the owner said "poss new turbo after it logged the fault I was like you are kidding son!
Stick on a new DV valve and it'll be sorted!"
I think after 2007 all 2.0Ts had the d valve but you'd need to check.its a must for a remapped engine. Don't waste your money on non-oem ones unless you've got silly power.

Agreed with you lot on this,mine got gradually worse but then sometimes it didnt feel bad but i knew it had split because of how the boost was dropping off and it had lost the bit of a push in the seat it used to give me,as said replaced it and it was like WOW i think it must have been partically fubar when i got it because now its sweet,just waiting for Steve at statller get the induction kit instock,but wouldnt mind a direct bumper feed to it but two problems : one i am scared of the thought of it ever taking in water and two there is no where to really put the intake trumpet,would be nice to get a feed from the drivers side of the vehicle because with roads been cambered to the left thats where a lot of water lies but the pipe work would be a mess and there is a chance that there is that much water hanging around it will be all across the road and not just on the left

I noticed today when it wasnt in fcukin limp mode when i booted it the turbo is alot quieter and can hear a much nicer noise from the MV exhaust/DP/
Doesnt feel much slower then mates 06 Boxster S.
Just need to get the damn limp mode problem sorted now.