EM TuningChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Just put deposit on this Orange S3 - please help with engine details?

Hi All,

Been looking for a while for an S3. managed to find this one for a decent price with recaro's, Sat Nav, 19s and several engine mods. Dont really know much about the engine but these are some of the things the guy mentioned.

Can anyone clarify exactly what work it would have to get it to this power.

Its listed at over 350bhp.
    Has remap, Forge DV, Forge Intercooler, Miltek and cant remember what else they said. Also has some 19s and some kind of lowered suspension.

What stage engine is this? How reliable is it? I may put it back to standard as Im not sure im up for fixing it all the time.

Does anyone know the car?

Some pics for you. Think I got a great deal, 10k trade in for mine and paid the difference. Is having a full front end respray and Wheel refurb before I pick it up.

Engine - Forge Dump Valve, Forge Intercooler, Miltek Exhaust, Remap (TBC), Boost Gauge, Air Filter

CAR IS FORSALE - 17500 http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2076392.htm

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    That would depend on the mappers tbh, but I'd go with Revo 2/2+ atm mate, does it have the uprated fuel pump?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    That would depend on the mappers tbh, but I'd go with Revo 2/2+ atm mate, does it have the uprated fuel pump?
    Im not sure to be honest, I got it from a dealer so they didnt have the full details. They are going to try and find out from the prvious owner.

How easy would it be to put back to standardish?

Engine - Forge Dump Valve, Forge Intercooler, Miltek Exhaust, Remap (TBC), Boost Gauge, Air Filter

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Why would you wanna put it back to 265, seriously why would you, lol.

5th Gear

Status
    As long as it's a reputable map which it likely is there's very little chance it will go wrong due to the mods, apart from problems with clutch slip. Why oh why would you want it back to standard power lol
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by akash_sky1 View Post
    As long as it's a reputable map which it likely is there's very little chance it will go wrong due to the mods, apart from problems with clutch slip. Why oh why would you want it back to standard power lol
    Because I have to use it to drive to and from work everyday and Im not very mechanical minded, so if something goes wrong Im stuffed.

What do you reckon to the deal i got. Its 56 plate with 2 owners, 70k miles and I paid 17000. They gave me 10k for mine, but I only paid 8400 for mine a few weeks ago off my mum and dad. So got it for 15400 all in

1st Gear

Status
    That sounds a tad pricey to me with that mileage on but then you have all them mods compared to cheaper more standard S3's with lower mileage but as long as your happy with it thats all that matters
    Now - A1 1.6TDI S-Line in Amfali White with comfort pack

A3 2.0TDI gone but not forgotten

Neutral

Status
    I reckon with the bucket seats and Nav its a very good price. Without them maybe a tad too expensive.

Does anyone know what the wheels are off? They were very wide, but had stretched toyos on them?

6th Gear

Status
    mods + 70k miles? I wouldnt have touched it to be honest. Does have all the main mods done though so hardly anything for you to do! Its also the best colour!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

5th Gear

Status
    Just checked the www where you bought it and they are claiming 385bhp!! From what your saying its go, sounds a bit optimistic!!

Looks good though and nice spec.
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

3rd Gear

Status
    ahh yeh Redline in knaresbough, thats where i bought my A3 from they are fantastic i had a problem with my car and they analysed and sent the turbo away to get checked up and they fitted a brand new one within 8 days and had a courtesy car etc :D also when you get the wheels refurbed you can choose any colour you want i did

Status
    putting it back to standard

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Sorry can I just clarify something, how much including your 10k for your car did it cost in total?

385 in a S3 8P, havnt heard that even from some of the hardest tuned S3 8P boys on here, so optimistic, I'd say more like Ball-timistic-****

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Seems to me if you wanted a std S3 you brought the wrong car i hope it has a good long Guarantee !! your going to need it if its really putting out 350+ bhp at 70k miles...lol

2nd Gear

Status
    You should have bought the silver 57 plate s3 from redline instead lol, was my old car with a GIAC remap and h and r springs, 39k on the clock with heaps of history and a stack of warranty work done by the dealer. Seems a lot for a car with 70k and sh1t wheels.
    GIAC, EVOMS, H & R

1st Gear

Status
    i would nt want a car with so many mods with that mileage either , the wheels are face lift S3 but if they are 19 s will be reps
    S3 , CUSTOM CODE , NON RES MILLTEK , FORGE DV , 19" BBS CK (ANTHRACITE) , GREEN COTTON FILTER , ECS DOGBONE INSERT + EVERY AUDI OPTION

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yeah reps for sure & agreed would be nice to have a full history of the car so you know when these things were done, as if it was done at 10k then 60k with mods has maybe got fair bit of wear now, but done at 50k wouldnt be so bad, even though its a fair bit of driving huh with 350+ horses, you dont do that to an S3 unless you intend to drive it hard IMHO.

1st Gear

Status
    i dont drive my car hard and i ve done a few mods , most people who mod cars are normally car nuts so tend to look after them better , apart from the max power crew imo
    S3 , CUSTOM CODE , NON RES MILLTEK , FORGE DV , 19" BBS CK (ANTHRACITE) , GREEN COTTON FILTER , ECS DOGBONE INSERT + EVERY AUDI OPTION

Reverse Gear

Status
    Red line kneresbrough/harrogate dont buy off them m8 i got a car from them and they sent me home in the white ov winter with two bold tyres,defective gearbox1900 bill engine oil leak,defective cd player broken window reg, they just buy trader cars wash them and pitch them to sell with no safety checks i had my new car for three months it was in the garrage getting repairs for two i have now handed the car back......dont be overwhelmed with there flashy stock if there not serviced, checked and put rite the3months there not a dealership i would reccoment.There warrenty sucks too 3 months 1000 limit the gearbox repair my car needed was 1900...so you can imagine what problems that caused for me

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Welcome to the site.

I'm not the literature police, but even I have to say, maybe edit your post so its a tad more legible please for others if you dont mind.

Just goes to show you why forums are good, as it enables people like yourself to warn others of the pitfulls of dealing with certain persons/companies.

2nd Gear

Status
    if you do plan to put back to standard ill have some bits from you + my standard parts?

Neutral

Status
    Well after been stuck in spain due to ash cloud, today is the day I pick her up. Its going to be a long day at work. Up nice and early as trying to find my V5 for the old A3 before I go to work......not sure what the garage will do without the V5

5th Gear

Status
    Good luck - guarantee that after 10 mins of driving it with all the mods, you will look back at this post and laugh at yourself wanting to put it back to standard!
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS4cab View Post
    Good luck - guarantee that after 10 mins of driving it with all the mods, you will look back at this post and laugh at yourself wanting to put it back to standard!
    Yeh you were right, it will be staying as is. And it seems the mods were not added until after 50k miles at least so should be all good.

3rd Gear

Status
    my car went in yesterday you may of seen it

Audi a3 in red

Reverse Gear

Status
    I would ask for the wheels to have been sprayed black and then had the mirror caps done aswell, would set it right off!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyc89 View Post
    I would ask for the wheels to have been sprayed black and then had the mirror caps done aswell, would set it right off!
    I did exactly that, but he wouldnt do it for free no matter how hard I pushed him. Wanted 60 a wheel to do it.

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieswales View Post
    I did exactly that, but he wouldnt do it for free no matter how hard I pushed him. Wanted 60 a wheel to do it.
    Do the wheels anthracite, change the rear lights, but dont fit a Cupra splitter (makes the front end too fussy) then it will looks ace IMO

Enjoy

Cheers
    Paul
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

2nd Gear

Status
    nice looking car mate.
    wish you best of luck with the mechanical bits
    Porsche 996TT
    A3 Sportback, 2.0 TDI, 170bhp S-Tronic
    S3 SB BE, Suzuka Grey -Sold

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulAr View Post
    Do the wheels anthracite, change the rear lights, but dont fit a Cupra splitter (makes the front end too fussy) then it will looks ace IMO

Enjoy

Cheers
    Paul
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yeap I agree the front splitter doesnt really suit the 8P, IMHO.

5th Gear

Status
    You won't be getting 385bhp out of it unless it has an aftermarket turbo on it that's for sure. That in itself would alert me to the risk of dealer bullsh1t. If it has the uprated fuel pump and an aftermarket intake system (popping the bonnet will tell you this clearly !) then with the other mods it may be good for 365bhp with that mileage. As someone has said the wheels are facelift OEM design but if they are 19s then they'll be replicas. Another alert there.

Dunno what deposit you paid but I wouldn't be handing over the rest until you've got the full story out of them. What intake is it ? Is the Milltek a cat-back or turbo-back ? What fuel pump solution is it (Autotech internals or APR full pump) and who fitted it ? What remap is it ? What suspension mods does it have - coils or springs ? Were the dampers replaced with the springs ?

Potentially a good buy - the seats themselves are worth at least a grand and the RNSE maybe 500 - but I'd be asking all of the above questions and more if I were you. Good luck.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.