Remove front badge

deano670

Too Much Hype
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelhype.co.uk
Im considering removing the front Audi silver badge from the grill and replacing it with a matt black badge.

How easy is this to do?

Last edited:
Can be a bit fiddly, you will have to UN bolt the bumper/grill from the top of the panel near the bonnet catch (3 bolts on mine) and if your lucky you might be able to get your hands down the back to un clip the badge.. this is what did with mine when fitting a badge. If you can't do that then it's a bumper off job, i couldn't comment on how hard or easy that is to do because i haven't done it yet.

:icon_thumright:

You don't really have to do any bumper/grill removal if you trust yourself to be extremely careful... Basically the clips on the rings are located at the top of every ring and on the sides of the outer rings. What I did was put some trim removal tools in behind the rings and pried VERY gently at the spot where the tabs are. When one would pop out I would move on to the next one making sure do do each ring and each tab one at a time. I used the pry tool and the hooked one from the trim removal tools. I think I used a small screwdriver to help get the pry tool in behind the ring.

... oh, and when I did it I went in from the inside of each ring, not the outside.

Worked rather well for me, nothing broken and only took about 30 seconds to a minute.

I got mine here... top notch quality rings and a perfect fit.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/AUDi-A4-A6-FRONT...arParts_SM&hash=item2eacb38706#ht_1564wt_1165

good luck

Hi
Can anybody advise how to remove my Rings off my Sportline A1 Grill (easy if poss)