AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

A3 Sport Suspension

Maybe a newbie question but something just doesn't feel right with my new A3... I have a 2010 A3 2.0 TDI Sport and have previously had a series of VW Golfs usually GT TDI spec. The last GT I had handled really well round twisties, etc however the A3 just doesn't feel quite as stable. The steering is certainly more active that the golf was and at speeds around 40-50 the car still feels solid but once you start to push that little bit more especially on long or tight bends the car just seems to want to understeer... My understanding was that the GT suspension was the same as on the sport or should I be comparing against the S-Line suspension? Have other people experienced this?? Is there an easy solution???

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholld View Post
    Is there an easy solution???
    Coilovers

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

1st Gear

Status
    Could be just down to the make of tyres between the two cars - what tyres are on the A3 and what was on the Golf ?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by percymon View Post
    Could be just down to the make of tyres between the two cars - what tyres are on the A3 and what was on the Golf ?
    Both cars came with Pirelli P-Zero Rosso Tyres, never been a great fan compared to Michelin Pilots...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Coilovers
    I'll rephrase the question, is there an easy solution without spending a fortune

3rd Gear

Status
    how much do you have to spend

try some better rubber, now the summer is here
    rs6's, H&R 35mm, lamin-x, vinyl wrapped grill, cupra splitter, black wing mirrors, de-badged, bmc air filter

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholld View Post
    I'll rephrase the question, is there an easy solution without spending a fortune
    Don't buy an Audi

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

c_w
    5th Gear

Status
    The Sport model A3 isn't as "high" in the range as the GT model Golf I would say, so the equivalemt may well be as said the S-Line.

1st Gear

Status
    Set of Eibach springs? Should be able to buy a set, have them fitted and all wheels aligned for under 400 squid

1st Gear

Status
    have you done the obvious things first?
    i.e. check tyre pressures
    Are the tyres new? If so they might need time to bed in.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    have you done the obvious things first?
    i.e. check tyre pressures
    Are the tyres new? If so they might need time to bed in.
    Tyre pressures have been checked and the tyres now have approx 2000 miles on...

1st Gear

Status
    We have just changed from standard sport to Eibach Sportline springs and all the spongyness has gone.
    The ride and handling is much improved but no more harsh that the originals.

The boss says that she finds it better because the boingyness has gone and the car feels much more solid on the road like the BMW 3 series that the A3 has just replaced.

I was 100% set on H&R springs due to the advice on here and the fact that one of the Eibach's I recently took off a Vectra had cracked and snapped! Ended up with Eibach tho because I wanted 50mm front and 40mm rear.

Was plesantly surprised when I found they came with a 5yr warranty as well.
    150 well spent with Damian @ DPM Performance.

(I'm not sure if spongyness or boingyness are the correct technical terms but you get what I mean)

2010 - Monza Silver - A5 3.0tdi Quattro S-Line Special Edition.

Reverse Gear

Status
    It seems that by just replacing the springs may be the answer but I've heard stories of people doing this, etc and then warranty's being void ,etc... As this is an '10 car and I believe Audi do a kit to change the springs would I be best to look at this or am I being too cautious?