S3 swap

oat

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Hi all,

I'm doing a straight swap, my MKV R32 for an 8P S3 on Saturday and wanted to know what S3’s came with when new? In other words any goodies it came with (keyring, S3, pens, mats etc etc).
Also amongst other things, it has DVD SAT NAV and phone prep, should it come with any discs for the sat nav for instance?

Just wanting to make sure it has everything it should do as the S3’s now out of warranty, has done 40k miles (just serviced and MOT’d) the R32 isn’t out of warranty and I just want to make sure I don’t get burned. Got the car booked in at the same time with Audi for a quick scan and look over.

Any other pointers would be greatly appreciated

Cheers!
[/FONT]

Can i ask why you are getting rid of the R?

Lovely cars, great noise.. fair enough they aren't built as well as the S3/A3 but still easy to live with.

Enjoy the motor.

:icon_thumright:

Just fancied a change really (had a MKIV previously) always fancied an S3 (2.0 4wd turbo) and at the time I couldn't find a decent one and needed to buy a car there and then so ended up with the R32. Great cars but just fancy a change and something a bit more tuneable

Hi all,

I'm doing a straight swap, my MKV R32 for an 8P S3 on Saturday and wanted to know what S3’s came with when new? In other words any goodies it came with (keyring, S3, pens, mats etc etc).
Also amongst other things, it has DVD SAT NAV and phone prep, should it come with any discs for the sat nav for instance?

Came with fresh air inside as standard, and thats about it!

Seriously, the mats were standard supply with car. Other standard items couldn't be taken out (heated front seats for instance!).

Check your boot toolkit for your locking nut and to ensure its all intact. Then the service book should come with all manuals, and if I remember right there is an S3 supplement in there (like a quick start guide).

Nav should come with a DVD box and (2?) discs West and Eastern Europe.

Other than that the two keys (both flip) are what you need. Phone prep in glovebox doesn;t come with a crib - you have to buy one. If you check the sticker in the boot (under carpet) you can cross reference all the options it should have.

The S3 will be faster once it's tuned but underground car parks will never be the same again :(

Welcome to the forum !! :)

Thanks for the all the replies and helpful advise.

Thinking of going the same route myself. 2008 R32 at the moment, but getting bored, test driving an S3 on Sunday.............