Favour please from S3 owner

wesley

Reaction score
Please could an S3 owner try the following for me as i think i may have a engine fault. When the car is idling can you remove the oil cap and see if the engine tries to suck it back on as your pulling the cap away, and also does the engine start to run rough, also when you pull the dipstick out about an inch it also splutters. Would be kindly appreciated before i give audi a call, my warranty runs out in a few weeks!!:crying:

Ill try it for you when the mrs gets home in a hour ok M8

Surely when the engine is running there is a vacuum created as it trys to circulate the oil?
In which case what your experiencing would be normal... hope so anyway, then you have nothing to worry about...

yup, closed loop system so it will affect it. There was a thread a while back with somebody else doing the same. Its all fine.

Surely when the engine is running there is a vacuum created as it trys to circulate the oil?
In which case what your experiencing would be normal... hope so anyway, then you have nothing to worry about...

I thought that too, but whilst at stattler getting another problem sorted we checked mine against steves ED30 and his oil cap had no resistance at all when lifting it off , plus his didn't splutter!! Oh welcome to the Suzuka club mate!

I thought that too, but whilst at stattler getting another problem sorted we checked mine against steves ED30 and his oil cap had no resistance at all when lifting it off , plus his didn't splutter!! Oh welcome to the Suzuka club mate!