Lowering Springs HELP!!!! FITTING!!

Reaction score
Help want to fit my lowering spring to the rear of my A3 2005 plate. Whats the best way to fit?????
Do the rear wheels need to come of? Do I need any special tools just for the rears???
Cheers Johnny

Hi Johnny

Very simple, ideally take the wheels off yes and grab yourself some axel stands

Jack the car up, stick the stands underneath so that they are holding the chasis up, not the rear axle

The hubs will drop down and you can take the springs out with a bit of elbow grease

Then a case of shoving the new springs in place, and you're done

How many bolts, do I have been told just to remove the bolt for the shock as its the only thing holding the springin that correct or not?

How many bolts, do I have been told just to remove the bolt for the shock as its the only thing holding the springin that correct or not?

Rear spring and rear shock are different bits mate

Not like the front where the spring goes over the shock

Are there any guides available for changing the front springs?
mainly the shock/hub interface and any tips that make the whole job easier!!
TIA

Typical! I have just done mine a thought I'd do a pic guide to changing them - Fronts were such a pain in the **** I gave up with the guide!!!

STampies tips....

1 = 2 people (pref male with muscles!)
2 = Spring compressors
3 = Ring spanner for removing top nut on fronts - Mine needed 21mm
4 = Spline sockets - need one for the fronts, although I gently persuaded a Torx socket to fit!

im thinking of doing this too, my neighbour has two gas lifts in his garage and loads of tools, so hopefully be ok?

just wondering why were the fronts so difficult? just awkward angles?

ive done mine,took out complete hub,disconnected driveshaft,link arm not too bad of a job

Just a quick question before I get ordering :eyebrows: I've got an A3 Tdi Sport (53) running 235/35/19's wheels and tyres. I want to lower the car (on springs as its my daily driver and I want to retain some sort of comfort, those tyres can be hard!!)

I was looking at Eibach springs, which is the best option for me the pro or the sportline kit? has anyone had experience/can recommend with other spring makes?

Cheers in advance.

i think H&R s are better i think eibach only lower the front !