Audi S3 Wing Mirrors Stolen!

Jonno

Reaction score
I woke up this morning to find some gypsy has stolen my wing mirrors. I have an idea who it is but that is for the Police.

Anyway, I spoke to Audi who are asking £1200 to replace them as they are the dimming and folding model. Is there a cheaper option?

Looking at selling the car this month too so i'm pretty gutted.

Jonno.

Well ebay will find you some cheaper ones but you might be fueling them.........

Might even find yours on there!

Sorry to hear about the car!

Forgot to say are you trading the car in? Might be worth just fitting bog standard body colour ones on...... I doubt most dealers would pick up on it...

How did you know it was a gypsy? Did they leave some clothes pegs? How is it for the police if you know them, dont you fancy going round and breaking their legs? Yes it expensive. l bet you would get the same money for the car with just regular mirrors on.

Sorry to hear mate, I was going to fit some on my s-line but decided otherwise after hearing the stories on here. I have got a drivers side mirror off the facelift S3 complete with indicator, loom etc... & no its not stolen before any1 asks ;) LMK if you need drivers side.

I feel your pain mate some t***s nicked mine too, one way of reducing the cost is to fit them yourself as Audi wanted to rob me of another £300 quid to fit them. They'll try and convince you it's a job which can only be performed by their highly trained technicians (lol) but in reality anyone with a jot of common sense can do both sides in an hour or so.

thanks guys, i'd recommend you guys protect your no claims if you haven't already, if I had it would have probably been worth doing through insurance.

does anyone know if the dimming and nondimming have the same connector? or is it just different glass?

Thanks.

I woke up this morning to find some gypsy has stolen my wing mirrors. I have an idea who it is but that is for the Police.

Anyway, I spoke to Audi who are asking £1200 to replace them as they are the dimming and folding model. Is there a cheaper option?

Looking at selling the car this month too so i'm pretty gutted.

Jonno.

They took the whole wing mirror off? how did they manage that without having access to the inside of the doors? :wtf:

they just ripped them off and left the wires hanging out.

does anyone know if the dimming and nondimming have the same connector? or is it just different glass?

Thanks.

different glass but the mirror also has an additional connector

A salesman at Bolton Audi told me a few months ago that they have had alot stolen off their car lot, and yes, £1200 for a pair!

i ve got some oem s3 silver/alloy covers i would sell if you need some

I woke up yesterday morning to find that the wing mirrors on my TTS have been stolen. Same situation - wires left dangling. I'm furious, and I can't believe that the crome mirrors have become a target for petty scallies to make a few extra quid. It's going through the insurance, but I'll still have to pay my £350 excess. I'm absolutely convinced that my car will be a target again. What the hell are you supposed to do??? I'm absolutely incredulous but on further investigation have found that, sadly, it is a common problem. My god, you just can't have anything nice in this world without somebody coming along and feeling as though they can just help themselves. The car manufacturers need to do something to help protect us, even if it's allocating unique reference numbers to the mirrors in future. I'm just disgusted - sorry to anybody who's in the same boat as me.

Its terrible, thieving scum! I was going to get the covers for mine but A) I dont want to fuel the market & B) Become a victim too :gun2:

Surely Audi need to be held responsible for this. They should make them tougher, or if they can't, price them so they are not so attractive to steal and all the scallies can just buy them themselves. Also, why on earth are the wing mirrors not covered by the alarm?

I have emailed both Audi and Watchdog, No reply from either but perhaps others can do the same will make them listen?

1200 quid for a pair of mirror's lol that's just a complete pisstake , whats inside a fecking time machine ...lmfao boycott them

Someone needs to contact Audi and ask them how they can justify £1200 for a set of mirrors. This is actually fuelling the theft as the thieves know that they can get hundreds for them. If the price was actually more reasonable say £400 I doubt the thieves would bother as the resale value wouldnt be worth the hassle.

Has anyone thought of etching the VIN onto the underside of the mirror housing and also the glass to discourage the thieving barstewards?