AH FabricationsVolks Autos

Thread: Air Filter

3rd Gear

Status

Air Filter

I finally jumped ship, had Stage 1 Revo done today, I was told that a change in air filter would also make a difference, a sponge washable one, was told of some names but cannot remember, Thoughts please people.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Butler View Post
    I finally jumped ship, had Stage 1 Revo done today, I was told that a change in air filter would also make a difference, a sponge washable one, was told of some names but cannot remember, Thoughts please people.
    I have a MTM racing panel filter, cost me Ł150 and is meant to increase airflow but 30%. Throttle does feel slightly more responsive and higher speeds are more smoother. And this might be up for grabs later, I've decided to get a bigger induction kit, I was given the kit at such an offer that it would be rude to refuse
    Audi S3 8P2 | Merlin Purple | Black Optics | Recaro Bucket Seats | Privacy Glass | Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlights | Bluetooth Phone Prep. | MTM Stage 2 | Milltek TBE | ITG Stage 2 Induction Kit | Odyssey Racing 40 Battery | Rev D DV | Denso IK24 Spark Plugs | RS4 Pressure Regulator Valve | TTS Engine cover | To do: Autotech HPFP

3rd Gear

Status
    thanks for reply, I do want just a straight swap one, I just dont want to push my luck warranty wise

1st Gear

Status
    The MTM one is under audi warranty, its just the spongey bit (this goes in the standard factory air box) and is not an induction kit. Here's a link:

http://www.mtm-online.de/en/shop?article=16
    Audi S3 8P2 | Merlin Purple | Black Optics | Recaro Bucket Seats | Privacy Glass | Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlights | Bluetooth Phone Prep. | MTM Stage 2 | Milltek TBE | ITG Stage 2 Induction Kit | Odyssey Racing 40 Battery | Rev D DV | Denso IK24 Spark Plugs | RS4 Pressure Regulator Valve | TTS Engine cover | To do: Autotech HPFP

3rd Gear

Status
    Ahh Sorry, thats one expensive filter, I was told about Ł40-00 or so, I take it s washable and reusable, so its for life

1st Gear

Status
    Yes this one is for life and washable (like most of them) the ones which go for Ł40 or Ł 50 are the green cotton, K&N and ITG to name a few. But I know the MTM one is expensive but if your really interested I can do a really good price on the one I have (i've only used it for about 300 miles)

3rd Gear

Status
    Pm me with what you want, I do want to upgrade the air filter, might as well as I have done the remap

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Butler View Post
    Pm me with what you want, I do want to upgrade the air filter, might as well as I have done the remap

PM sent

6th Gear

Status
    should he not be interested i may be haha

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
    should he not be interested i may be haha
    No problem bud

Boycie

Status
    I have an ITG panel filter in mine - cost me Ł20 but think they are around Ł40-50 new!

5th Gear

Status
    Is the panel any use what so ever after stage 1 while I save up to get an ITG CAI and Stage 2?
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz1 View Post
    I have a MTM racing panel filter, cost me Ł150 and is meant to increase airflow but 30%. :
    theres one born every minute.

3rd Gear

Status
    I have a K&N Panel filter, cost me just under Ł40 iirc some place on ebay
    STUFF FOR SALE: DLS R6 Midbass drivers, MFSW 3 spoke and Pioneer P88RS II
    STUFF FOR SWAPS:
    3 door A3 8P custom doorbuilds

please contact for more info

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dc240969 View Post
    theres one born every minute.
    You mean a MTM fanboy, I know im with the minority with the likes of revo and gaic fanboys out there, but they have given me a great service and out of loyalty i've stuck with them, that's all not because one is better then the other. Plus my local revo dealer just went t*ts up (glasgow drivers) and is closing down, and the other nearest dealer is about 80 miles away in fife.

4th Gear

Status
    no, 'cost me Ł150'.
    would that be performance HQ? There is a mobile one in Perth. Bridge of Earn to be exact.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Green Panel Filter Ł45ish that'll be your best cheap route & MTM are just a rip of full stop IMHO & I agree if you paid Ł150 for that then you must be a mug, sorry but its a panel filter, christ for that you could have bought a completely new induction system or close to huh.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dc240969 View Post
    no, 'cost me Ł150'.
    would that be performance HQ? There is a mobile one in Perth. Bridge of Earn to be exact.
    Ill bear the Perth one in mind. MTM have promised me a stage 2+ remap but if they fail to impress, I will be going to revo. Plus the reason I got the mtm filter was to keep audi happy to with warranty, I know it was a bump but since the car's coming out of warranty soon, Ive already planned on getting the ITG 'stage 2' induction kit, really can't wait.

4th Gear

Status
    Go for it mate. Revo is the way you need to go. GIAC is ok but with Revo you can set you own settings. Not a lot of info on MTM going around.