Red or black S3

mojo555

Reaction score
Ordered an S3 spoortback in brilliant red but thinking of changing to brilliant black, could anyone with pics please post them up...

need to decide what i am doing!!!!!

Check out the rimz and pics thread mate. Some good photos in there of both :icon_thumright:

Personally I prefer red :)

Just taken a look at them thanks, must say slightly swaying towards black now!

i love 'em in red also, but it also hard to keep clean as the nice shiney red turns to a duller red after a few days
:crying:

lol true but my black seat ibiza ( i know shame) hah is black, i polished it one day then the next day it was boggin again lol!!

red is nicer anyway id prefer to clean a red car than a black. red or white!!! defo white if that colour is optional too!

Red all the way for me, blacks a pig to look after and only looks good for about an hour.

Sprint Blue is the best though !

Mark

Black adl! Might be hard to clean but when it is it's hard to beat!

Red all the way! Not long ordered a red BE. Can't wait for it to arrive. IMO, much nicer and less common than black.

i vote black , keep the red ones quite rare
pictures123.jpg

:detective2:

.Ok Thanks for all the reply's, i very much like the ibis white, but just sold my candy white leon cupra k1 so that is out of the running after having that for 2 years. Really like sprint blue but if i am honest i am being tight and don't want to pay for mettalic, well really can't afford if i am honest i have streched my budget by going for the s3 as i was going to order a mk6 golf gti...

So red or black, i have seen phantom black in the flesh and that looks smart just need to see the brilliant black, more importantly i need to see an s3 sportback in brilliant red. i can see a long drive one night this week to see one at an audi dealer, the closest one is worcester which is 50 odd miles from me in stoke!!!

Thanks for the help though guys, really what i need is to see them both next too each other....

id go with black as well
the reds ok, but when i had my Alfa i parked that next a red audi one day and the audi looked washed out and faded and almost orange compared to the red on the Alfa, since then it just hasnt looked 'Red' enough
got my S3 in Phantom black and yea its a pain to keep clean... which reminds me it needs a wash, but it looks stunning tho!!
good luck :icon_thumright:

Yeh the misano can look good but i think the brilliant red is a deeper red...

mmmm decessions

I think sprint blue is ace in sportback.

Ok ok i take your point and very much agree!! but not an option as the misses keeps telling me that £500 could be spent on diamonds or a holiday..

So Brilliant red or brilliant black???

When i bought mine i was lucky enough to look at a Misano red and a Phantom black which were next to each other, i went black. The red just looked ordinary, not special.

My advice would be to NEVER let the missus choose the colour of your car.

You have to live with it, get it wrong and within months you will be thinking of reasons to get rid/p/x. And thats expensive.
A lot more expensive than the £500 it cost to get the colour you REALLY want.

Good luck
Paul

Sprint or Ibis BTW:icon_thumright:

^^^^^^^ he is exactly right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok ok i take your point and very much agree!! but not an option as the misses keeps telling me that £500 could be spent on diamonds or a holiday..

So your buying a BRAND NEW S3 SPORTBACK which is costing £££££ and your worrying about £500?! :no:

My advice would be to NEVER let the missus choose the colour of your car

To be fair, mine chose Akoya and I'm so glad I got it!

Last edited:
So your buying a BRAND NEW S3 SPORTBACK which is costing £££££ and your worrying about £500?!

You gotta admit, N8 makes a very good point, S3 SB's are 30k new without any options mostly, so why you're flaffing over £500 does seem strange as thats nothing in comparison to the car cost overall mate & if she's whinging over £500 for a holiday or diamonds then I'd reconsider her not the car colour.

Diamonds for £500 are barely even visible, trust me as I stumped up 2k+ for a .64 for missus & thats not exactly ayres rock, sod her, get her Cubic Zarconia

You gotta admit, N8 makes a very good point, S3 SB's are 30k new without any options mostly, so why you're flaffing over £500 does seem strange as thats nothing in comparison to the car cost overall mate & if she's whinging over £500 for a holiday or diamonds then I'd reconsider her not the car colour.

Diamonds for £500 are barely even visible, trust me as I stumped up 2k+ for a .64 for missus & thats not exactly ayres rock, sod her, get her Cubic Zarconia

OH

MY

GOD

Nigel killed it lmfao

Mine is Brilliant red and it goes really well with the black interior and silver trim parts.
The laquer protects the paint. I also have a 12 year old GTI 1.8T in Flash Red and the colour is still as good as new.
These are not Vauxhalls that go pink really quickly!!

prt57

Yes you are very right!!! but the only reason i am worring about the extra £500 is i am already at the very top of what i can afford, like i said i was going for a gti at around 4k less..

Anyways i think you are right so after speaking to the dealer and i can still change the order i am now thinking ...

dare i say it Sprint Blue...