engine conversions

royce259

Reaction score
what would be the average price for an engine conversion to a 2.0tfsi or the S3 engine by a garage. Or would i be better off doing it with my dad whos been a machanic for over 30years

Awesome GTI do the KO4 APR S3 converison kit which includes the KO4 turbo and accomanying pipework and manifold, and I think the injectors. You need the APR HPFP as well and with their software included you get a claimed 318 bhp, for about £3500 but don't think this includes labour.
This kit does not give you the uprated block and internals that the S3 has though which means long term reliability may be reduced but there are GTIs running around 300bhp + with no probs.
Also you dont get the S3s more effcient FMIC either so you may want to invest in one of those, and def. a full TBE and intake.

ok i'll check it out, i have seen ads on ebay for 2.0tfsi engines for 1500GBP, which in theory could work out cheaper then modify it over time

Wait so you don't even have the 2.0 TFSI in your to start with? In that case there's not really any point in buying one to transplant or tune whether a 197 bhp or 265 S3 version, it'll just cost you many thousands more.
If you had a 2.0T like mine then the converison could make sense as they significantly cheaper to buy then an s3, but not any other model as many other things would then need changing.